“Way below usual PL standards”

Premier Inn Godalming Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Godalming
Reviewed 22 May 2013

One night stop over here, service slap dash and unhelpful. Room small, not cleaned well and smelt musty. Will not be rushing back and will seek alternative accommodation when in need in Godalming next time.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Godalming Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed here for a weekend. It is in a great central location. My room was quiet, comfortable, clean and of a good standard.Great value for money. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
I returned from work the following Wednesday to find a parcel waiting for me. I was delighted to find a scarf I had not even realised I had left behind! Well done Premier Inn!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We stayed here for a wedding not far from the premier inn. The staff were very accommodating and let us check in early so we could get ready without rushing about. Nikki on reception was extremely helpful in booking us a taxi for the wedding. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and well equipped. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a very pleasant hotel with good facilities and very helpful staff. The rooms were clean and of good size. The heating was good. Very comfortable large bed. Clean bathroom. Very good location with the adjacent Beefeater gardens running down to the canal

Room Tip: A very pleasant stay. Good bedrooms. Very helpful staff. The gardens of the hotel run down to the Ri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Budget hotels can be good, bad or atrocious, this one fits into the former class with a + at the end. It looks quaint when you arrive, only having 17 rooms and surprise, surprise, you get a real key for the door instead of a swipe card!.
Reception is small but adequate and I was allocated room 16. I don't know if the other rooms are as big as this one, but it was more like a suite you would expect to find in much bigger hotels.
It had the bathroom and a large couch/fold down bed in one half of the room along with the standard Premier Inn wardrobe, while the other end of the room had the wall mounted 40inch flat screenTV above the desk and chair, along with a large comfortable bed. Below the TV was set of connections to allow you to attach your own device and project onto the TV.
I have to admit the 30 mins of free wifi, whilst welcome, we're very hitty missy and the fact that the signal kept dropping out stopped me from buying more time.
Normally the heating is via a wall mounted heater with electronic control allowing you to determine just how hot you want your room but not how cool. Here though, you get an air conditioning unit in each half of the room so you can either heat or cool the room.
Service at the quite busy bar was good and despite the array of fizzy beer pumps, there were also a couple of real ales on hand pumps.
The Hobgoblin went down very well while I read through the menu before being shown to my table. Ozkar served me this evening taking my order before reading it back to me to ensure it was just what I wanted. He even arranged for the chef to substitute an item I asked to be removed from the meal.
In the morning after a really good nights sleep (unlike my previous nights stay in the Travelodge next to Kings Cross where there was so much noise in the very hot room that I had to choose between wearing ear defenders against the noise from the train tracks below, or closing the window and cooking) I went down and was looked after very well by a chirpy pleasant girl who took my order, brought my food and checked twice that I had all I needed, contrasting with the Travelodge where the only hot food was a slice of really cheap bread toasted, with a girl who was like an automaton stood behind a counter. I didn't hear her utter a word to anyone while I was in the restaurant.
All in all my stay at the Manor Inn, premier Inn in Godalming, Surrey was extremely pleasant and next time I stay in the area I will certainly stay there.

Room Tip: I only experienced the one room so cant help with how to choose a room, other than say the rooms at...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 20 April 2013

A family visit organised by one of the family, we were not sure what to expect, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff couldn't have been more helpful & friendly. We ate in the restaurant on two evenings, and enjoyed the experience. We also enjoyed breakfast each morning, fresh food and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne B
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I've always been a fan of the Premier inn, we often use them for softening long family journeys or weekends away, but this one tops the lot. The difference being lovely unique rooms, the staff and the character property. Our Family room was almost like a junior suite, with a separate lounge area and superb 37 inch TV. Staff at reception and in the restaurant (for breakfast) were fabulous and nothing was too much trouble. We had no trouble with the heating and coupled with the usual "premier inn" branding and good quality bed, it was a great find a great place to stay puts many 3-4 star hotels to shame!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Godalming Hotel
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel
Travelodge Guildford
Travelodge Guildford
#10 of 11 in Guildford

Been to Premier Inn Godalming Hotel? Share your experiences!