“An average experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of No 24 Croft Road

No 24 Croft Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Godalming
No 24 Croft Road
Ranked #12 of 18 Godalming B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“An average experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First the good things: an excellent (double) shower in a clean, bright bathroom, carved out of a corner of the room.

Then the less-good things: the room - a very low, wooden framed bed made getting in and out of bed a struggle for older people. The bed frame was also very wide, with the mattress sunk within it, and therefore it took up more room than a divan of the same mattress size would have done - an important consideration when space was compromised owing to the incursion of the bathroom into the room; the pillows were very poor quality, lumpy and unsupportive; other furniture was basic and minimal, with the hairdryer fixed within the wardrobe (not particularly easy to use); the wardrobe itself did not allow for hanging anything longer than a shirt.

The welcome was friendly but perhaps could not be described as warm.

Breakfast was adequate but unremarkable - good sausage and well-cooked egg but one half of a grilled tomato each was a bit frugal. No choice of bread for toast was offered - a very basic white-sliced was provided. Everything else came individually packaged: cereals, sugars, sauces, jams, butter etc. and all the tea and coffee making facilities in the room, too.

While our stay was perfectly adequate, there was nothing that make this a B&B to return to - it fulfils its brief as stated on the website, but there are no frills and, for £70 a night, frankly we would have got a better deal in a Travelodge (cheaper, anyway!).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Had a week of business in Godalming. Decided to use a local BnB rather than give my money to a big corp. 24 Croft Road is run by a couple who live next door. Mandy and Alan have done a great job converting this house to 100% BnB. The room I had was not huge but all I needed was a warm bed and a good breakfast. Mandy took great care of me and cooks a GREAT breakfast. The sausages are awesome. I am sure anything I wanted would have been no problem at all. The room was cost and warm and a TV with plenty of channels. Almost bang in the centre of town close to everything. Mandy has left loads of info on local resteraunts and places to visit and is so helpful it's definitely my choice if I'm in the area again. The road is quite and I slept well every night. Although the bed was comfy it is very low compared to normal beds. So if your old or disabled this may not be the best choice for you. But it's location and service is second to none. Thanks Mandy and Alan. Will see you again.

Room Tip: Ignore swimming pool can't remove it on ipad accidental click. . They don't have one :-) Roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Will_UK_Paris_France
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2012

A fantastic place to stay in Godalming! I recently returned to the UK for a holiday & stayed at No.24. The room was well proportioned, very clean & beautifully decorated with a great bathroom en suite. The cooked breakfasts were delicious as were the lighter options also available & the sunroom breakfast area was a great way to start each day!

With its central location; only steps from the High Street & a short walk to the train station, No. 24 is perfectly situated! Mandy was a gracious host & I highly recommend this B&B to anyone searching in the Godalming/Farncombe/Milford area!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed one night with my husband. Beautifully clean and spotless, this is a credit to Mandy the Proprietor. Although we did not have a cooked breakfast I'm sure it would have been lovely.

Would not hesitate to stay here again and it is very close to the town centre, a very short walk away.

• Stayed October 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed here for a night recently as I was attending an event in Godalming. The owners were very welcoming and even moved their vehicle so I could park right outside. The room was clean and tidy and the shower was super powerful. Lovely place and I would certainly recommend and return. I cannot comment on breakfast as I didn't have one but I am sure it would have been very good had I got up in time!!

Room Tip: The bathroom/shower cubicle in the single room I had was very tiny so although adequate for my needs...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Liphook, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I won my night at no.24 at a local raffle but what a lovely time my husband and I had.
Mandy geated us with a lovely smile and warm welcome. The room was nicely decorated and clean, the shower very invigorating and morning breakfast was delicious.
Goldaming has some great shops and restaurants, we can particularly recommend 'Thai Passion'.
We were treated just as well as I think we would have been if we were paying guests.
Thanks Mandy :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed at 24 Croft Road for 2 stays of 4 nights. The room was spotless (I had the same room both times) Very clean bathroom and the shower was excellent. Small flat screen TV which was fine, a fridge was available in the wardrobe if you needed one and fresh milk was supplied for tea - which was a nice touch. Breakfasts were great - especially the sausages. Bed was very comfortable. Located on a relatively quiet road so very peaceful. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast - I had a great stay :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Kings Arms and Royal Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wonersh
Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming
Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming
#15 of 18 in Godalming

Been to No 24 Croft Road? Share your experiences!