“Great food, attentive service, excellent location and really good atmosphere”
Review of Grills & Greens - CLOSED

Grills & Greens
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Italian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, attentive service, excellent location and really good atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've eaten in the chain restaurants in Godalming (Slug and Lettuce) and those types of restaurants are, meh... I prefer unique and individual feeling restaurants.

I've eaten at Grills & Greens several times now, usually lunch or early afternoon and only once had OK service and OK food (it was a waitress I hadn't seen before and she forgot to ask the chef to make my partner's chille spicy - which they usually do).

On the other occasions where I've really enjoyed the food and service, definitely worth the 'excellent' rating; portions are good and staff are down to earth, attentive without being over bearing. Great food options on the menu and I get the sense the owner's/chef's influence runs throughout the restaurant, I like that individuality.

• Visited May 2014

Surrey, England
“Always good for lunch”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We often use Grills & Greens for lunch and they always manage to feed us within the hour. Nice food served with a smile. What more could you want.

• Visited April 2014
“Good potential here just needs a tweak or two”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We went here for breakfast....layout is nice . The guy that took our order got it all wrong but did insist on not using a pad to write it down!However the staff were friendly and attentive . I had eggs benedict but with salmon...It was nice but my only personal gripe was tasted very strongly of lemon juice!The half monty breakfast was presented very nicely...looked like a bit of the sausage was missing though . service could be a little quicker but there is huge potential here.

“Great food, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Grills and Greens has been a family favourite for some years. Always friendly staff, good food & reasonable prices. We have been many times and never had a bad experience.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Classic favourite”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We love this place; friendly vibe, great food, light airy room looking down the old high street. The manager (Tom?) is really welcoming - and tells us he gets the big hunks of proper meat from the butcher down the road. Great place for lunch. Safely in our trio of Godalming favourites, all different, all independent, all very good: Grills & Greens, Firenze and La Fleurie.

• Visited March 2014