“Burgers, steak and fries, but check the BREAKFASTS!”

Beefeater Manor Inn
Ranked #64 of 77 Restaurants in Godalming
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice location, some very friendly staff, the food is what you expect. I ate here many times when I was staying in Godalming in business - like all Beefeaters, if you get there before 18.30h some of the food is half price and good value for what it is.

Not much choice beyond steak, burgers and fish & chips though, but is that's what you're after, it's fine.

The breakfast, though, is AMAZING - lots of choice, as much as you can eat, and good quality for a VERY reasonable price!

2  Thank kevinfff

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Service very prompt, ideal if time is limited - ie, lunch hour. Menu can be a bit same-ish but great if you know what you like and want to stick to it.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have visited The Manor Inn twice. The first time we enjoyed a drink outside, the second time we ate. I agree with other reviews the service was very slow, but the food was nice when it came. Nice interior.

1  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have only been here twice before; the first time years ago, was for our wedding reception and the other for a funeral last year when the service was dreadful.
Beefeater have been doing all sorts of 40th. Anniversary promotions and I was lucky enough to win a voucher for a free steak meal. With some doubts in my mind, due to the bad impression from my last visit, I booked for myself and my wife to go back, over 34 years after our wedding reception there.
We were greeted and taken to a table by a very helpful person who settled us in our seats and introduced us to the person who would bring the food and drinks out. I must say the staff were all very friendly and efficient and the food and drink arrived very promptly and was perfectly hot and well presented. Not only that, the food taste and quality was really excellent and there were no complaints from us whatsoever.
The Dessert choice was superb and I could have probably chosen anything off the list and been content. I thoroughly recommend the Popcorn Sundae with caramel sauce...it really is very tasty.
I should stress that we visited at a quiet period in the early evening. There are a lot of tables inside and outside, which makes me think it might be very busy at peak times such as the weekend. But at the time of our visit, everything was good.
It is a typical standard, but very comprehensive Beefeater menu and most tastes should be catered for. Thoroughly recommended for a sensible value meal which won't break the bank !

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We came here for a work lunch. We arrived at about 1:30 and didn't leave until 3pm.

The service was ridiculously slow, the food was average at best and I would not choose to come here again.