“Evening meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Poor meal on Friday 7th. March Liver and Bacon much smaller portion than normal and no Onion Rings. Bland Lasagne. Complained to staff twice but management not interested. I have been visiting this pub for over 40 years ant this was

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Colin S

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Valentines meal”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I took my girlfriend here on valentines day evening for a meal. If you are looking for good food and a traditional pub atmosphere then this is your place. If you want a true restaurant feel then you should look further afield. What I ill say however is that the staff are great. I like a beer and I don't think I had to wait more than 30 seconds from the time I ordered to it landing on my table. The food is good and prices are very reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to dine in a real English pub.

• Visited February 2014
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday roast... unless they've sold out of them”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Harrow has a great reputation for Sunday roasts, however, when we recently went with a table booking for 1.15pm, we were very disappointed to find that they had "run out of roast dinners" as they "had just taken a large order from a table of 6". Shortly after placing our orders for our second choices, we learnt that there was one roast dinner left (not sure why), which I happened to win the toss of the coin for. It was a very, very good roast lamb. Overall, the other meals went down well and the service was great. However, can you really be taken seriously for your pub food if you've run out of roast lunches at 1.15pm on a Sunday?

1 Thank BG1500
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Good service food not up to scratch”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We booked a table here for a party of 12 people. The service was very good and the staff friendly. The food however was not the best. Two steaks that were ordered medium were very overdone, almost white they were so dry...one was inedible. I have the liver and this was also very overcooked but I was a little drunk and very hungry so I ate it anyway.

If they sort the chef out and his overcooking habit this will be a nice place.

1 Thank spinkpanther
london
“Typical pub food, but cant seem to get the details right”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very unadventourous menu in all respects. Not even a nice fish and chips!

Our meals were nicely presented, but cooked well done, which is not what I would expect for liver or hamburger- touch of pink please. Very attentive service, but how can an almost empty pub get the important details wrong?? There was no ice for drinks ( but they didnt tell us till afterwards) , and no semi-skimmed milk for the coffee.