Booked table for 8pm - on arrival main car park full - lucky we were in the Land Rover as you needed 4 wheel drive to traverse through the overgrown track to the car park at the rear. We waited patiently by the restaurant for someone to notice that we had arrived. On being noticed we were told our table was not ready and could we go into bar and have a drink. We sat down at table at 8:45pm. Due to a very busy restaurant and only 1.5 people serving (one member of staff was doing something else and only appeared very occasionally) we managed to order food just after 9pm. Just as I was thinking of going into the kitchen to help with the cooking the food arrived at 9:45pm. Suprise! it wasn't hot and must have been waiting for a while as it was pretty dried out. My wife's burger was inedible - tough as leather. This was so bad we were laughing. We thought we would risk pudding - this too took forever to arrive and the portion size was derisory. On finishing the puddings we realised that the time was 11pm and as we wanted to get home before 12pm we skipped coffee. I mounted a search party to find anyone that would take our money so that we could go home. 10 minutes later the waitress appeared and we paid. She was not happy about the small tip but in retrospect I am not sure why we tipped at all. Our friends booked the table and were very embarassed about the evening - shame 'casue it wasn't their fault. With so many restaurants and pubs in the locality offering great food I wonder how this place survives........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey