Stayed at the Inn on the Lake for 3 nights, which varied from night to night (admittedly a lot to do with other guests, over which the hotel has no control). When you enter, check-in is marked at one end of the bar, but unfortunately staff serving at the other end of the bar can't see it. I had to wait a bit and go and find someone to check me in, but once they did, they were helpful. All the rooms are upstairs, and mine was also up a further small flight of stairs, so these not recommended if you have mobility problems. Hotel seemed busy the first night (a Monday), particularly with guests who couldn't shut a door without banging it - this went on until about 1:30am (may have been staff locking up at that time). Room was fine, clean, plenty of tea and coffee, good kettle, clean towels - but no water or glasses. Shower needed to be run for several minutes before there was any hot water. Night 2 was quiet, night 3 noisy again. Plenty of pastries on the first morning and a cooked breakfast offered (at extra charge). Second morning breakfast supplies low, third OK again. I'm sure if I'd asked they would have brought things out. Tip for the hotel - the open fire in the restaurant is beautiful, it's a shame to put a table of people across the front of it so everyone doesn't get the benefit.
All in all, if you want perhaps a weekend night stay, a lovely dinner with wine and a nearby bed to stagger to, it's ideal. If you're a light sleeper, perhaps not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey