We picked this hotel down to location. Godalming is only a 5 minute was away and had plenty of boutique shops and restaurants. The devils punch bowl is a 10 minute drive and well worth a visit.
The hotel itself is situated just outside of Godalming town centre and is easily accessible.
With friendly and knowledgable staff, both on the local area and on the vast wine offerings at the bar, the hotel is a pleasant stay for a couple of nights.
The positives are - a very nice pub downstairs offering a wide range of beers, wines & cocktails as well as great food to the rooms themselves. They are modern and everything you expect for the amount spent.
On the downside, if you are in your rooms in the evening, up until when the bar shuts at around 10:30pm they tended to be quite noisey. When we was there, there was an issue with the toilets that made a vibrating noise in our room.. When we questioned what this was they explained that they had called an engineer but as it was bank holiday wouldn't be here until the next working day. They offered us free drinks as closed the toilets at 10.30 when last orders were called.
There are 16 rooms and I would advise asking for rooms 1-4 as we was 16 and above the bar and toilets.
Overall experience 4*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey