“Definitely stay here again”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming
Ranked #15 of 17 Godalming B&B and Inns
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Definitely stay here again”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The rooms are quite spacious, exceptionally clean, and contained a kettle with an abundance of tea/coffee etc. There was even an iron and ironing board which was extremely useful.
The restaurant can be busy in the evening, but it does have an "excellent menu".
Breakfast was more than satisfactory with a good variety of cooked breakfasts, along with standard continental breakfast choices including a selection of fruits.
The staff are extremely pleasant, polite and helpful and certainly delivered "service with a smile".
An enjoyable visit and we shall definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not overlook the terrace/garden as it can get noisy in the evening.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming, and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and we have replied to you personally asking for a little more information.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Let me start by saying that I like this hotel and restaurant. I have stayed twice previously and really enjoyed it.
Yesterday started well, great welcome from a guy that I assumed was the manager, booked in no problem. We stayed in the family room number 1- bit shabby but warm and welcoming. The kids loved it! We went down for a meal in the restaurant and despite our kids testing us to the full limit we quite enjoyed it. Staff were again great. Bed. Great.
"Breakfast is anytime from 7.30am" said the nice manager guy the day before. At 7.50am we ventured down. The door to the restaurant from the rooms was locked, so I knocked and we waited. 5 minutes later I knocked again. Nothing. I then did something WAY out of character I kicked the door so hard that half of Godalming probably heard. A very unhappy lady (!) came to unlock the door. "We are all in the kitchen making breakfast". No sorry, no smile, no nothing. I smiled at my wife and we went in. We sat down. No staff. We waited a little longer and the grumpy thing from earlier walked passed without so much of a smile or hello. We chose some nice warm croissants, no butter. My wife asked the grumpy thing "If we could have some butter please" but the grumpy thing was obviously engrossed in trying to battle for the most grumpy morning waitress ever she ignored us. EVEN, my 6 year old daughter said "Why is the lady with the white (?) hair tired?". The chef in the end managed to organise us some butter. Then we went for tea and coffee. No normal tea- just as I was about to ask the grumpy thing pre-empted my request by literally throwing the tea bags at me. I actually laughed out loud and said to another waitress- "I take it she didn't sleep too well?". Now for the real moan- we paid extra for eggs benedict and a full English. My wife's ham was cold, I mean proper cold. We didn't moan because not being food experts we weren't sure- maybe it should be cold? What was cold that even a man like me knows shouldn't be was my beans. I would say luke warm but no. Cold. I asked the nice non-grumpy waitress to heat them up- she obliged. She returned my beans piping hot. Then I looked at the sausage. It was white. I know, unless you are in Germany sausages shouldn't be white unless they are raw. This poor sausage had been "seared" resulting in it being uncooked. I literally had an uncooked sausage on my plate. What was going on? Then after trying my favourite veg, the mushrooms which were stone cold I'd had enough and left the lot.
What an odd place this hotel is. Fantastic in the evening and awful in the morning. A real Jekyl and Hyde. It's a shame, but until Mrs Grumpy is no longer employed I and family won't be going back.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We’re sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming . Thank you for raising this with us, we really value all guest feedback, and we are working closely with the staff to ensure that this doesn't happen again. It is our aim to give every guest the very best service we can, and we have replied to you personally.

Travellers are raving about these Godalming hotels

Cropston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

booked two family rooms for four hairy golfers.
assured these had two double beds in each.Take a look at their website photos.
First problem . they do and they don.t.
One double and a drop down sofa is a more accurate description.
Indeed despite being very specific about four men sharing two rooms so both beds would need to be made up etc none of it had happened. Firstly the misleading description about the beds. Secondly only the true bed was made up.Real fuss and very annoying when tired and wet.
The rest of the room was a catalogue of poor hotel management/ TV remote control did not function - assume batteries were exhausted. Kettle did not work - the switch was broken/
The bathroom walls were unfinished with a series of holes along the top. The same holes were repeated in the bedroom.
The floor looked as if not been cleaned since it was installed.Very poor.

To be fair the local . staff were good particularly the manageress - Michelle.
The restaurant was good and the continental breakfast was very good.

Overall a great shame. Not value for the £97 charged.
If the hotel owners would just try out their own product things might improve.
As with many things the marketeers say one thing operations delivers something different.
Poor management . Could not complain there was no one there in the morning for us to do so.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
We are very sorry to hear that the visit you made to Innkeeper's Lodge, Godalming was not as perfect as you would have liked. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we always welcome your feedback and we have replied to you personally about your review.
Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Spent 4 nights here on a business trip. Delightfully quaint building however in the middle of the UK heat wave this establish was ill equipped. My room (#10) was situated directly above the garden bar part of the restaurant and the only form of ventilation was to the leave the window/door wide open. At 11pm at night when diners were still making noise (or staff dropping a giant pane of glass which smashed and they all laughed about, making even more noise) there was no option to leave the door open. Rooms have no air conditioning and no fans.
Internet access is free via o2 but is dreadfully unreliable and drops off intermittently. "Helpful" information cards in the room discussing calling certain numbers for assistance yet there is no phone in the room. No one to call to assist in moving heavy luggage down the dangerous flights of stairs when checking out.
The room was no vacuumed once in four days, and replacement towels were not provided on one of the days.
The bathroom was perfectly adequate and the room spacious, the bed comfortable and the breakfast buffet perfectly adequate. My room had a wardrobe though many do not.
The restaurant is very badly understaffed and some of the staff that are working have zero personality or hospitality skills. When asked by a colleague "what do you recommend from the menu - what's good?" the young woman replied "I dunno - it's all good". It wasn't. The seared tuna was the consistency of chicken. To order drinks you were better placed walking to the bar and standing in line to be served. Table serve was appalling.
Summary - pretty location but do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: No A/C, poor internet
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your recent visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge and we have replied to you personally about this.
Innkeeper’s Lodge Godalming
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed here for one night and found most of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Apparently this place has a four star rating but I can't understand why. It was generally shabby and the curtains in my room were disgusting. My guess is that they were part of the property's original furnishings and to say that the place has to be at least Victorian will give you some idea of the standard. Cleanliness of the rooms could have been improved and one more thing - don't use the restaurant. It takes forever to get served and the food was so dire that I thought myself grateful that the portions were so small. Oh, and one more thing, the cost. It's grossly overpriced for what it is.

Room Tip: Try comparing it to other accomodation and then make your choice
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Innkeeper’s Lodge
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Nice clean accommodation where everything worked — lovely crisp white cotton sheets and plenty of pillows.Huge walk in shower with a selection of good quality branded toiletries. The continental breakfast buffet has plenty of choice but fresh english breakfast is cooked to order. The evening meal choice would suite the most fussy eater and you can sit in the garden , patio or restaurant. I will look out for other inns in the group when requiring accommodation as I thought this was great value.A short walk to town center and on sundays live music in the park.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge.
Innkeeper’s Lodge
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We found the room tired, unimaginative and drab. Simple additions like another towel rail in the bathroom would have been handy; bed was adequate but not very comfortable. Bed head was extremely grubby and overall felt the room had a neglected feel. Agree with the comment about the lighting and mirror. No complaints about the actual food we had in the restaurant in the evening but the waitress was indifferent and humourless. The breakfast waitress (a different one) was equally as indifferent and humourless! Shame they make a point of stating in the bedroom information sheet that they pride themselves on friendly staff! Hard to find a member of staff in the morning to check out too. Would not go again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
JustinG813, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear AJ,

thank you for your comments with regards to your recent stay. We at the Inn try our hardest to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with there stay. Unfortunately we seem to have missed the mark on several points with you, my sincere apologies and had any of these issues been brought to our attention we would have happily tried to address them for you.
I have reminded the team that the very foundation of all that we strive for is a warm and friendly service and that in this day and age of the Internet critic we are constantly on review.
My apologies again that we did not meet up to your satisfaction.
One final note the design and lighting of the rooms was in fact deisigned by a woman.....
Should you wish to any of the points you raise further, please do not hesitate to contact me via our website.
Kind Regards

Justin Geri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Kings Arms and Royal Hotel
Asperion
Asperion
#1 of 11 in Guildford
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming? Share your experiences!