We stayed here for two nights. The first thing we noticed was a nasty smell of sewerage when we entered the room. After leaving the window fully open for about an hour the smell went but we noticed it every time we entered the room. There was no phone in the room as detailed in the room literature. There was no shelf for toiletries in the shower so we had to use the floor!
We went down to the restaurant on the first evening intending to book a table only to see water coming through the ceiling with a bucket underneath it so decided to go else where.
The room itself was comfortable and the bedding and bathroom were clean However the main thing that let this hotel down was the attitude of the staff. when we booked in they were only interested in taking our money and did not offer any help with our cases or even show us to our room. The other point that concerned us was the fact that the outside door (supposedly a security door that needs a special fob to open) leading to the staircase for all the rooms was left unlocked and open until the early hours of the morning. when we voiced our concerns to a member of staff they did not seem to understand the need for security. and the member of staff we voiced said concerns too seemed to be more interested in complaining to the entire open lobby area about us complaining in a a very unsavory manner (our conversation was private)
All in all an average stay which could have been so much better with a little more care and attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey