Incredibly helpful staff, and a nice restaurant keep the hoards rolling in. This is a nice venue in nice surroundings. There's a great soul to the the Inn too. However, the poorly maintained decor is looking very tired, particualrly in the Inn Hotel, where the rooms and their associated bathrooms really are quite shabby...it would be difficult to understand the AA rating of his hotel.
The rooms were basic, if not bordering on minimalist. There's not many comforts to make you feel at home. There's not even digital/cable channels on the TV's: unbelievably (and thankfully) there are still 5 analogue stations being broadcast (I know, we were surprised too!).
That being said, waking up and coming down in the morning to a nice breakfast in a lovely restaurant really starts the day off well.
I'm 50/50 both love and hate the Inn. Which is a shame because it's a good venue with dedicated staff who work really hard. Maybe this is the time to push some of the profits back into the place and bring it back to its (undoubted) former glory?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey