Recently stayed at this Inn whilst on business and couldn't have been more disappointed. On first impression, walking into the bar area, it looked very nice. Modern, stylish, inviting. But it was all down hill from there. On arriving in my room I found the toilet had been used (and not even flushed), the sink was dirty, covered in very obvious blue toothpaste stains, and there was no hand soap in sight. I went back downstairs to ask for soap and let them know how I found the room and was offered another room (well handled). My second room also had no hand soap, which was quickly rectified, and although the toilet and sink were cleaner than the last room, the overall standard of cleanliness was well below average. There were cob webs all over the place, dirty walls, dirty net curtains, dirty tea cups...it was never ending. I was pretty disgusted to be honest, which made my stay there quite uncomfortable. The only good thing about the room was the shower.
Breakfast was another massive disappointment. I am not a particularly fussy eater but honestly, only 50% of my meal was edible. Given the cooked breakfast cost extra, I was seriously unimpressed. I also noticed once again that everything was grubby, the glassware, the cutlery, the plates, all had a film of grease on them. The coffee was the only bit I enjoyed.
Based on the two rooms I experienced, this place needs some attention. Especially in the area of housekeeping! Felt very short changed and let down and have no intention of going back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey