We booked a weekend stay here through the Innkeepers Lodge website and managed to get 3 nights for the price of 2 which meant it was excellent value.
We had a family room (room 1) which was very comfortably furnished with a lovely modern bathroom and LCD TV with double bed and double sofa bed. The decor was very calming with lots of wood and it had the feel of a much more expensive hotel.
The breakfast was an excellent continental buffet and the staff were constantly topping it up, despite it not being very busy (there are only 14 bedrooms). We didn't mind the fact that it was essentially a pub/restaurant with rooms above as it is all quite upmarket with comfy sofas and no noise could be heard in the room.
Godalming town centre was a 5 minute stroll with a 4 year old in tow and was very pretty with a good selection of restaurants and some interesting shops. Guildford was only about 10 minutes drive away.
The only slight downside was that the rooms at the back of the building all face the kitchen which has a rather noisy extractor fan. However, this was switched off by 11 each night and didn't come back on until 11am, so it wasn't too intrusive.
Overall, a very pleasant place to stay which is a bit different from the usual 'lodge style' accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lakeside lodge is just five miles south of Guildford, and so makes for a characterful yet convenient base for short breaks in Surrey. Surrounded by picturesque gardens, this recently refreshed hotel and refurbished pub make the most of views across the lake and it certainly fulfills its purpose, providing the perfect retreat in which to unwind and enjoy some of the finest countryside in Southern England.Food lovers are in for a treat, as the lodge is home to a stylish pub serving seasonal dishes complimented by a great selection of wines, ales and lagers. Goldalming is something of a Surrey jewel, with its cottages nestled against a backdrop of beautiful wooded hills by the River Wey. A few miles up the road is Guildford, where you can explore the cathedral and its 20 acres of parkland, or stroll around the gardens of the old castle. The National Trust's Clandon Park mansion and 18th century Hatchlands Park are well worth a visit too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Godalming
- Innkeeper's Lodge Godalming Surrey