This was a birthday treat for me from some friends and we had a very nice, unhurried lunch. Food was good although I am a non-fish eater and the menu did have rather a lot of fish dishes so my choice was limited. Nonetheless I enjoyed a good rump steak with excellent chips and veg. House wine was enjoyable.
I do wonder about portion sizes though - other diners had burger and pasta dishes which were absolutely enormous. Now I know we don't have to eat it all, but why serve such mountains of food? No way could we even consider dessert.
Well, thats just a general observation. I will definitely visit this pub again. It was a cold day when we went but I have no doubt that in summer its lovely to sit outside on the riverbank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stag on the River is an authentic and charming riverside pub set in the beautiful Surrey country side just outside of the town of Godalming. It has seven letting bedrooms all with their own ensuite facilities, unique character and tasteful decoration. Inspiring, rustic and hearty food and drink made from the best ingredients our local land has to offer awaits those who stay for dinner and a drink. You will always receive the warmest of welcomes at the Stag ....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Stag on the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stag On The River Hotel Godalming
- The Stag On The River Godalming, Surrey