Recommended by local friends, so thought we'd book for my birthday lunch.
Due to the closure of A3 at Guildford, had to take a long detour and got slightly lost! anyway, phoned ahead to explain our predicament. The lady was most helpful and gave us some directions and our late arrival would not be a problem. The riverside setting is lovely and we spent a long leisurely lunch under the large umbrellas, enjoying lovely food and wine. The waiting staff were very attentive and friendly and we will certainly return! (oh and Andy Murray becoming the Wimbledon men's champion helped the celebrations!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stag on the River is an authentic and charming riverside pub set in the beautiful Surrey country side just outside of the town of Godalming. It has seven letting bedrooms all with their own ensuite facilities, unique character and tasteful decoration. Inspiring, rustic and hearty food and drink made from the best ingredients our local land has to offer awaits those who stay for dinner and a drink. You will always receive the warmest of welcomes at the Stag ....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Stag on the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stag On The River Hotel Godalming
- The Stag On The River Godalming, Surrey