“Hector's is ok.”

Hector's on the Wey
Ranked #6 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Godalming
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My wife and I have been going to Hector's for many years. The food and drinks are fine and we plan to visit him again soon. You have to remember this is a small tearoom, not the 'Mayfair' in London. The service and prices are that of a two person run establishment. You get value for money. By the way, we have dined at the 'Mayfair' so we can compare!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I visited this tea room on a cold Sunday morning with my local cycling club. There was probably 12 of us all turned up on mass all looking for some warmth. We arrived to find a friendly Scotsman who offered us tea and coffee with a good selection of cakes. What we found was a nice touch is the owner (we think) put a jug of hot coffee on our table to have refills at no extra cost. We will be making sure we add this stop to our club website.

1  Thank Cyclingtorpedo
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Unless you're a local and sound like one skip this "friendly" tearoom. The proprietor was rude and insulting and that was after being uncommunicative and unfriendly. I love little tearooms and love boats so I had high hopes. We had friends with us and the rudeness was very embarrassing. The scones were terrible and when the proprietor/waiter (I'm not sure which he was) heard us talking he came over and berated us and was quite insulting. Do not go.

5  Thank Beth w