“Such good value for money”
Review of Pound Corner

Pound Corner
Pound Corner
Ranked #9 of 17 Godalming B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Pound Corner is a little gem. Ros, the owner, is such a lovely lady. She is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and they have everything you need. I love staying here and would recommend it totally to anyone visiting Farncombe orGodalming which, by the way, are beautiful places to visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife has stayed at Pound Corner for the last couple of weeks on business and will be staying there for the next month during the working week. When I first spoke to Ros (the owner) I found her so polite, friendly and welcoming - sentiments echoed by my wife.
Ros has been so helpful in sorting accommodation out (at very short notice) to the point of making calls & sending messages on my behalf to other guest houses to make sure my wife had a bed for the night.
Now whilst I haven't personally stayed at Pound Corner yet I'm constantly being told (my wife again!) how nice the place is; very nice rooms, beautiful surrounding scenery and the warmest of welcomes from Ros. I've now chatted to her a few times over the phone and rather than just talking about booking rooms and dates etc. we've moved on to food and recipes.
Thank you Ros for making this upheaval of ours bearable, I do hope we actually meet soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed here for a few days whilst visiting family. Wonderful location. 4mins from Farncombe train station. 5mins from the local pub.
Its only a train away from London but nothing like London. Very quite and well run. The lady who runs it is lovely and very helpful.
For 30£ a night I could not ask for more

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank dazwilkinson
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Pound Corner is just one of those places you will always return to as everything is just spot on for a lovely welcoming cosy stay. I thought the comfort, hospitality excellant and loved the breakfast and self catering facilities perfect. I said to my daughter and a really good shower with ease of use immediate and not having to try this knob or that knob or is it left or right for hot as so many places let themselves down with bad showers. Sky tv etc a luxury and such a lovely garden and hills. My little grandaughter kept telling me that she loved my garden so I cheated a little and told her I was up very early on my holidays helping in it ....Ideally situated so close to the station and beautiful Godalming has more than its fair share to offer and walks past Farncombe boating House and all the fabulous barges for hire is just stunning. I do not think I have ever seen so many fabulous barges in my life and a very memorable sight.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carma403
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We are returning guests (couple) visiting in the Guildford and Godalming area. Self contained this suits us perfectly. Everything we need is here: bedroom-lounge-kitchen space, very nice shower/wet-room, cooking facilities, satellite TV, and very fast WiFi (BT). We parked our hire car on the property, however Pound Corner is just five minutes walk from Farncombe station (excellent London-Portsmouth line train service - one change for either Heathrow/Gatwick). Farncombe village shops close-by: butcher, baker, post office, etc... Proper pubs: The Cricketers (great food), The Freeholders (live music). Suitable for a business stay and great for touring - Watts Gallery (and Chapel), Loseley House, Charterhouse School, River Wey Navigation, Winkworth Arboretum, Shopping and Theatre (Guildford). Lots of local history (famous people), incl. Oglethorpe, Phillips (Memorial), Huxley, Jekyll, Lutyens.

Room Tip: Other rooms are available but we particularly like the panoramic view from the upper floor. Please d...