“Decent enough”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Godalming
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Decent enough”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here as we were in the area for a wedding. We didn't spend that much time at the hotel due to this but it served its purpose. The room was clean and quiet and met our needs. I didn't like the look of the pub area but didn't use it as we got changed and went straight out. I would stay again in similar circumstances. As stated in other reviews parking is limited but after 6:30 on a sat night to mon morning there is free parking in the street opposite. All in all a basic but good hotel if needing a base in the area. Staff seemed friendly

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

...actually our room was good value and spotlessly clean. It is an old building, so yes the floors creak a little (but I grew up in a 16th century property, so this didn't phase me at all). If you are looking for a hotel in the area that is middle of the road e.g. not expensive but not as soulless as a Travel Lodge, then give it a go. Best hotel location for Godalming, very central and on the high street. Fine for 1 or 2 nights if you are in town for an event or wedding, but take it for what it is - an average hotel in a very average pub.

Room Tip: We had a very spacious room that overlooked the high street. I'd recommend asking for this, as i...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My "Superior" room was mediocre as opposed to superior

- Worst nights sleep I have in a hotel this year.
- Noisy.
- Sulky and miserable staff.
- Breakfast fatty, grotty and had to be returned.

Avoid this hotel - stay in one of the other Godalming hotels

Room Tip: Avoid High Street rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HippoToes

Travellers are raving about these Godalming hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Having read the other reviews about this hotel, I very nearly cancelled the booking. I stayed last night in room 21 and can honestly say it's one of the best nights sleep I have had away from home. I felt so upset about the reviews, I joined tripadvisor and thought I would let you know about my stay. Dont get me wrong this is no 5 star hotel, but it's not trying to be. I would much rather stay here than any travelodge or budget hotel. I travel down to Guildford a lot and I will be making room 21 my regular stay

Room Tip: I have only stayed in room 21, so I can only comment on that one. Very sound nights sleep
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ALT1970
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Firstly we couldn't park.
Then we couldn't find the receptionist.
Then the beer was horrible (we went out to eat, didn't want to chance it!).
Then the room was either too hot (windows closed) or too noisy (windows open).
Then the bed was uncomfortable.
Then the breakfast was dreadful.

...we won't be going back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DangerousA
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I had great expectations with this hotel.. but it wasn't really good. It is very old and makes noises when you walk anywhere, even when laying in the bed. The room was small but clean, small bed, the bathroom made a better impression.

Breakfast was the best thing.

I think the comments here are overrated.. at least when i was there, wasn't so great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Leighton Buzzard
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We booked the hotel for an over-night stop over on the basis of their website and the descriptions & pictures of their 'recently renovated' rooms. The room we stayed in had certainly not be renovated; the carpet was filthy, there was mold all over the ceiling in the bathrooms and spider-webs all over the curtains. There was new TV in the room but no remote control. The welcome and service we got was not particularly good either.

The location is good; right on the high-street but they only have 5 parking spaces and about 20 room so best if you travel to Godalming by train. Breakfast was fine alothough under-staffed and they had no menus or other means to indicate what they could preapre.

This could be a lovely boutique hotel if you get one of their new rooms however the staff don't seem to care.

Room Tip: Arrive early and book one of the rennovated rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucent82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Godalming Hotel
Angel Posting House and Livery
Barnett Hill Hotel
Barnett Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wonersh

Been to Kings Arms and Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!