“Lovely hotel with excellent service”

Kings Arms and Royal Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Godalming
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel with excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

I stayed in this hotel twice once in August and once in September. Both rooms I stayed in where nicely furnished with TFT scrren and a great shower with excellent pressure. The breakfast was fine too, although they do not serve omlettes or green tea, however they do make eggs, sausages, mushrooms etc so that was fine for me.
I also dined at the restaurnat in the evening and the food is absolutely delicious both the pasta marinara (special of the day) and the desert where absolutely marvellous and the hotel staff were really helpful and had great customer care skills.
The only problem the hotel has is that it has no lift so I had to carry my luggage up the stairs on my first trip. However on my second trip I asked the hotel staff to help me and they were really helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Trisia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

Our Superior double room was very spacious, clean and well decorated while the breakfast very good indeed with quality ingredients. One minor problem was that the telly kept losing its signal but had we bothered to inform reception, I'm sure it would have been sorted by the very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank archaeocritic
Sale, Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

I stayed @ the Kings Arms for 2 nights on a business trip last week. Godalming is such a pretty place and the Kings Arms was a lovely plce to stay over. The hotel is right in the town centre and the room was smallish but clean and nicely furnished & equipped. The breakfast was fine and the manager Kirsty was very helpful. The building itself is full of character; I loved the uneven floors - made me feel that the place had some history to it.. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank RuthSale_Cheshire
smellyflower1111
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

The hotel is situated in the high street, which at night gets nosiy with smokers out front.
Car park very small, not room to park many cars.
The food was not much for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Godalming hotels

Godalming, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

FIRSTLY CAN I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE NO PERSONAL OR BUSINESS TIES TO THIS HOTEL......................NOW READ ON!!

I have recently had the pleasure of holding my wedding reception at the Kings Arms Hotel in Godalming. The hotel is owned by the Chapman Group. I have to say to the Chapman Group that the present Managers, Nikki and Paul, are a CREDIT to your company. Anyone who has experienced the Kings Arms prior to May 2009 will not have experienced such a warm, professional and personal service offered by the present team. Previous managers have made a mess of this wonderful hotel.

The wedding reception was for 62 guests for the meal and over 150 guests for the evening.
Not one stone was left unturned by the team. The staff were truly wonderful.
EVERY SINGLE GUEST COMPLEMENTED THE STAFF AND THEIR REFRESHING ATTITUDE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If it was not for Nikki and Paul we would not have had our Wedding reception at the Hotel at all. They inherited the mess that the 3 previous management teams had made. Nikki put together a fantastic menu, both afternoon and evening, and constantly updated us on any other issues that needed confirming. Old school treatment that went a million miles in reassuring us that we should stick with the hotel.

The rooms are very comfortable...ok it is more expensive than a travel lodge but the Kings Arms is in a different league altogether!
Other people have written on this site complaining of noise from a next door pub. It is only noticeable in two rooms on a Friday or Saturday, and then it is bearable. The breakfast was wonderful and cooked to order. We have had meals during the day and in the evening and have no problem in recommending this hotel for a nice relaxed evening out.

We had all the rooms for the wedding over two nights and every guest was more than satisfied with their room. (You know damn well that families will MOAN about anything...not in this case...so that is a first!)

The main lounge area was converted in the evening to accomodate a band and our guests and it passed the test with flying colours.

I WILL HARP ON FOR A LONG TIME ABOUT THIS HOTEL AND THE WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE THAT WE AND A 150 OF OUR FRIENDS HAD.
GIVE IT A GO.....CALL FIRST A SPEAK TO NIKKI IF YOU'RE STILL UNSURE

AS A LOCAL LAD WOULD I SAY THAT THIS IS THE BEST HOTEL IN THE GODALMING AREA? UNDER THE PRESENT MANAGEMENT.....YES!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank creterep
greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

Had two nights at this hotel for a friend's wedding May 2009. Lovely hotel with lots of character, very well furnished with all modern touches we have come to expect (power shower, cable tv, etc). Wedding lunch and dinner buffet were held at the hotel and all food was exceptional and plenty of it. Hosts Paul and Nicky (actually all the staff) made everyone feel so welcome and they really couldn't do enough for us. Located right in the center of Godalming with shops, restaurants, bars and pubs all on the doorstep, I expected a little noise but didn't hear a thing with the terrific window insulation. A wonderful change to the chain hotels, albeit 4 and 5 star, where I usually stay when traveling. This is a hidden gem in a wonderful little town where I will most definitely visit again. Bravo to you all.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank orientaldiscovery
South Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

I needed to stay in Godalming overnight recently and chose this hotel because it was ideally located for my purposes and was very reasonably priced. It's not often that you get more for your money than you expected so I feel obliged to leave some comments.

On the plus side, the hotel is very clean and comfortable. The bedroom I stayed in was generous enough in size and well proportioned, as was the en-suite. It was nice to have a double shower cubicle with no shortage of water pressure. The en-suite was immaculately clean. Breakfast was well organised: I had cereal and orange juice, quickly followed by coffee and a cooked breakfast. I have to say that the breakfast was one of the better hotel breakfasts I've received. Lastly, but most importantly, the staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient.

There isn't much to complain about on the negative side. Parking is limited but I did manage to get a space when I arrived in the afternoon and later that night so it seems adequate. The only other minor issue I had was as a consequence of the hotel being located on the main street. It's a price you pay for convenience and the fact that the local council keep the town very clean, but expect to be woken by road sweepers early in the morning if you have a room at the front. The secondary glazing helps but next time I'll take some ear plugs with me.

This place is a little gem and I will certainly be staying here again the next time I'm in Godalming.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Trevellion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Godalming
Godalming Hotel
Angel Posting House and Livery
Barnett Hill Hotel
Barnett Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wonersh

Been to Kings Arms and Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!