“Would stay again for sure!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holmfirth
Old Stoney Bank Guest House
Ranked #10 of 12 Holmfirth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife decided to get away last minute and take the dog to somewhere peacefull and found this little gem! I was expecting a b&b that accepts dogs (on request) to smell a little of dog maybe but not the case this place was spotless and fresh Anne and jerry Springer(Anne's Springer) made us feel absolutely at home in her beautiful home an old mill set in the hills near the lovely holmefirth we stayed in the main house in a double room that was spacious and felt warm and cosy and the breakfast in the morning was spot on with fresh fruit and a full English that I couldnt of cooked better myself! we will definitely be returning and couldn't recommend a nicer more welcoming place to stay! Daniel & Sadie x

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Daniel K

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have just spent the last 2 nights at Old Stoney Bank Guest House and we were not disappointed. The Guest House is absolutely stunning and the rooms beautiful, extremely clean and fresh. Anne made us feel very welcome and it is obvious she really goes out of her way to make sure her guest's needs are met in every way. The grounds on which the house sits are beautifully kept with lots of pretty colourful plants and flowers and the scenery from the house is wonderful.

It is a short car journey away from the centre of Holmfirth, however, it could easily be walked.

I am looking forward to my next trip to Holmfirth to stay at this beautiful guest house!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NinaM877
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Thanks Anne for making our stay in Holmfirth so comfortable, we loved our room and the bathroom was the ultimate in luxury. Breakfast and chat in the conservatory got our days of to a great start, thanks again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Holtfarm
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were made very comfortable at The Old Stoney Bank and very much hope we have a chance to return in the future. Anne accommodated my sister-in-law, my wife and myself, and our two daughters, when we attended a family party nearby. It was so good to be all together, and the whole experience was everything we could have wished for. Thank you, Anne!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Allan J
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Absolutely fabulous establishment In a beautiful setting. The room was delightful and the antique bed heavenly, as were the quality of the furnishings and bathroom. Gardens and house are incredible with a lovely hostess, Anne and Jerry the dog. Superb breakfast, in a gorgeous conservatory with stunning views, it set us up for the day. Ideal location for visiting our family who are a two minute walk away. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SimmoSal
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were great warmly shown our room which was nice, old fashioned with a discusting carpet. We were told that she meant to change carpet before we arrived, but didn't have the time. Anne was friendly and breakfast was good. The location of the house is nice and the gardens are lovely. We some times felt overcrowded by Anne, yes she a very nice person but occasionally we felt ever time we came back she was waiting for us. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank markallen79
399AnneA, Owner at Old Stoney Bank Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

I am shocked that you did not enjoy your stay with us. During your stay you left your dog in the room all day and on occasions in the evening. It barked and the other guests were disturbed so I took it down stairs and looked after it for you.

During your stay I had to change the bedding and all the towels every day as they were covered in blood and dog mess. I have many dogs staying and usually enjoy the experience very much as do their owners.

The carpet will now have to be changed as there are now marks from dropped food and the result of the dog being left in the room. The quilt itself had to be replaced for the same reason, as has the mattress protector.

I was not aware that you had any problems when you were here and wish you had said something then.

The house is an old house with traditional and antique furniture as shown on the website. I feel that if you would prefer modern hotel furniture then may be you should go to a modern hotel.

I always try to make sure that if I am needed I am there, as I felt I needed to be during your stay as I had to look after the dog. Also it is normal for there to be someone on call in residence.

I hope that you will find what you are looking for on your next weekend away.

Anne

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had booked a gig at the picturedrome and by good fortune all the hotels i had tried in holmfirth where fully booked so i dropped on this guest house by chance ,how lucky where we ,if there is a more delightful place to stay in this part of the world will some one please let me know.
The house and gardens are stunning,the host could not have been more welcoming,and what a place to eat your breakfast over looking the gardens.excellent food presented well ,all home made preserves.
Our stay was sadly only a short one but when we attend the picturedrome again this is the place we will be looking to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple