“good day out”
Review of Holmfirth Vineyard

Holmfirth Vineyard
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited last week for the 3pm tour, the tour was really good, and the afternoon tea was excellent, the weather was really good so this was an advantage to the tour.

The restaurant is really nice and outside eating area with beautiful views we really enjoyed the day out.

1  Thank carol21swim

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Holmfirth vineyard is beautifully set with great panoramic views of the countryside. We visited on a hot day which obviously made things even better!

We signed up to the wine tour and it was interesting hearing about the founders and how the vineyard came to be. Guide was informative and included information about the production units for how the wine is made. Tasted 3 wines but very small samples, and the wine wasn't particularly nice. It's definitely more of a novelty tourism place. We were going to buy a bottle after the tour as a memory of our visit but the few staff available were swamped with people having afternoon tea after the tour. Another 2 couples wanted to buy a bottle too but we all left empty handed so they missed out on a fair bit of money (£15 a bottle).

1  Thank Gemma A
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had a fantastic day at the vineyard tour as a surprise birthday present. The tour was extremely informative and enjoyable, the guide certainly knew his stuff & made it entertaining! We then had a late lunch in the restaurant and the food was Delicious! I would certainly recommend this for any wine lovers and any food livers! I'm pretty certain that we will visit again! The staff were all friendly and helpful! I could not fault the day stall - even the weather smiled down on us!

1  Thank Cathryn G
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I took a party of 26 for a vineyard tour earlier this week and we had a great time.

Everyone in the group thoroughly enjoyed the visit and I suspect many will pay return visits
over the next few months as they loved the place, and now know where it is.

We visited on a beautiful sunny day and the location is stunning, with fantastic views across the Holme Valley.
The terrace outside was a great place to meet and have a coffee.

Our tour guide Luke, whose fantastic delivery and dry humour really made the trip extra special for many of us.
He's worked in the industry for a lot of years and has a lot of knowledge which he imparts with straight talking
northern humour.

We didn't eat here, but all the food looks good.

I'll go back with other visitors

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Was gifted the tour as a wedding anniversary present. I had the Egg Benedict and my wife had the full English. The food was good and the service friendly. It is true that the tour could have been conducted in less time, but the guide was friendly and informative and I did not get the impression that anybody was going to be in a rush on a tour like this. A beautiful setting and somewhere I would be happy to visit again. The wine was pleasant and I was happy to buy a couple of bottles.

1  Thank Mike S