“Couldn't ask for more!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Bridge Inn

Old Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holmfirth
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for more!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel with 8 friends to have a night away between Christmas and new year. We booked the twixmas package. As soon as we arrived the staff couldn't be more helpfull or welcoming. This includes the bar staff, waitresses and reception. The food was fantastic, the portions were huge, you can't go wrong with a plate full of yummy food. All our bedrooms were spotless and very tastefully decorated. Our only little grumble would be the bedrooms were very warm even with the rads turned off but once windows were opened we were fine. We would defiantly recommend this hotel, we will be returning next year,

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Booked three rooms for 19 December. By booking in advance I received a substantial saving. The rooms were all comfortable and I considered them to be good value for money. The hotel is well placed for visiting the town and surrounding area and although there was a function on at the facility next door we did not find the noise disturbing. We ate in the hotel restaurant which we also found to be good value - substantial helpings. From check in to check out we found the staff to be very pleasant.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Waynef123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights to attend a wedding. The room was comfi and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Nothing to complain about, considering that we spent most of time in the wedding.
Shower and amenities were perfect as well the bed sleeping quality was good in addition to the good housekeeping service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adolph80
Huddersfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Last Monday ordered cold beef sandwich, charged at bar £5.25. Bar staff checked price but knowing the place I was satisfied I would get value for money, eaten there many times over the years so paid it. When it came...Oh dear, tiny, two small slices of bread cut into quarters, tiny amount of beef and a teaspoon measure of coleslaw with a half of a tiny baby tomato. Complained to Manager on duty and told portions were set by company who owned them..called 'Bulldog' Hotel Group. I am not sure if they have only just taken over or have owned the Old Bridge for sometime nevertheless I was given short shrift and told to write in. I e-mailed Bulldog Group following day and last Wednesday received a rather disturbing e-mail from Managing Director Kevin Charity, I was accused of a number of things including bullying them, because I wrote that I would wait for a reply from the group before going into print on this forum. Also accused of being rude and threatening to assault whoever prepared the sandwich. Not a reply I would have expected from a Managing Director of a company who own a number of similar establishments and is suppose to be impartial etc. I replied back about the inflammatory accusations and yesterday morning received a cheque for the £5.25. A cautionary tale here, if you need to complain be aware of the way you may be initially dealt with and the reply you may receive from a so called managing director. Have kept the e-mails for future reference.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Kevin W
BulldogHotelGroup, Owner at Old Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear reviewer

As I explained in my email to you, I am truly sorry that you felt that your sandwich was not value for money.

I am very pleased you received our full refund of £5.25.

As the owner of the Old Bridge Hotel for the past 14 years my first priority is always to my team and to ensure that their welfare comes first. Fortunately, the majority of our valued guests also understand this approach.

Regards Kevin Charity, Managing Director
Hawes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here to go and see roy wood at the picturedome, great location only about 10 meters to stager back to the hotel after a great night.had our evening meal in the bar which was lovely. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was the best I have ever had in any hotel, very impressive, well cooked and plenty of it.the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had room 27, it was spot on
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

a lovely local hotel pub in Holmfirth, offering a lovely stay lovely food, and a great atmosphere,
lovely sunday afternoon spent with family, child friendly too, meals are value for money, herveys wine bar just minutes away too, lovely friendly staff and warm feeling to it, boasting a aga oven at one end of the wine bar, just loved the feel will frequent again ,first but not the last, go see for yourself you wont be disappointed, nice ales 2, and across the road the lovely brambles wether you fancy a pint a latte or something to eat ,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank auburnbeauty1
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed on Fri 6 Dec in room 32. Fantastic all round apart from not being able to get parked in the hotel car park. My partner had to get up early the next day to move the car. He might have marked it down but I stayed in bed hence the 5*. The quality of the breakfast was super! As for the noise, our room was in the roof. We heard a bit of shouting from the street but nothing we wouldn't expect from being in the middle of any town on a Friday night.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmfirth
Durker Roods Hotel
#4 of 12 in Holmfirth
Elephant & Castle
Elephant & Castle
#8 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to Old Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!