“THE only place to stay in Holmfirth”
Review of Old Bridge Inn

Old Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holmfirth
South Midlands
“THE only place to stay in Holmfirth”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I researched where to stay when visiting Holmfirth and we took a chance on the Old Bridge Inn. We knew that its location is excellent and there is excellent road access & parking.
We had read reviews that slated this place - mainly due to the racket from the music venue next door /noisy punters exiting the place after gigs PLUS there being noise from patrons drinking & loudly boozing in the hotel bar /outside tables. I had checked if there was a gig `on` for the one night we were staying - fortunately not on this occasion! So we were lucky and no late night din AND the boozers left the hotel by 23.00hrs /school night, so we escaped that little delight also. The staff were the mostly friendly /helpful people, we chose to have dinner here - the menu /food was excellent very tasty & waitress very attentive but the wine list was at `London` prices.
At checkout I informed the staff that I`d repaired /attached the sink`s plug but that the bath`s plug chain hadn`t been there to re attach in the first place!

For the Tuesday night we stayed we had a good experience.

1 Thank red600man
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at Old Bridge Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your review and to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed @ the old bridge when going to the Gary Numan gig next door, great location.
Staff are very friendly and welcoming. The refurbished restaurant and bar looks great and the food is locally sourced and tasty, service polite helpful and I found them all to have a good crack with. Shame the rooms weren't up to the same standard, they really do need bringing up to date. We were in room 20 at the back and found this to be too warm and noisy from some constant wering I could not sleep, we had taken ear plugs which helped with the noise. I found myself having to take a cold bath in the tiny bath just to cool off.
Ideal location for the Picturedrome next door and smack bang in the middle of the village with limited parking but there's plenty close by, only let down is the heat in the small tired rooms, go on Bulldog sort some air con out and splash out on room refurbs. Will defo stay again

Stayed July 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The weather has been extremely hot but we do try our best by providing our guests with fans in their bedrooms.
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I cant believe there was another Susan G staying there at the same time on amazon....we had a fab time ....thank you...Tina & staff :).. room good... squeaky corridor floor boards... bathroom modern & & immaculate!..food lovely...staff amazing .attentivev& friendly... thank u Tina :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
A very big Happy Birthday from the team. We have passed on your feedback to our team and we are so pleased that you felt so well looked after. Hope to see you again soon.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

bought a voucher through Amazon, when we checked in the receptionist said : oh your the Amazon room; When we got to the room it was awful small, oppressive. small windows you had to stand on tiptoe to open.also the stairs to staff quarters went past the window and they could see straight into the room. the en suite was okay but was still Avacado a throw back to the eighties. We felt as if because it was an amazon offer we would put up with anything.The television didn't work either.These things may seem trivial but spoiled what was to be a nice few days away for myself and my husband.needless to say we only stayed one night. when we mentioned it to the receptionist we where met with a shrug of the shoulders. that said the breakfast was very nice, we most certainly will not be going back. also the parking is a problem

Room Tip: do not book an Amazon room it is right at the back small, claustrophobic with small windows so reall...
1 Thank susan g
Thank you for your feedback. We do not, however, allocate specific rooms booked through Amazon. As well as our standard rooms we do have 2 executive rooms which guests can upgrade to should they wish. If you have any issues on your return, please do not hesitate to ask a member of the team for help as we always try our very best to resolve any issues.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thank you for making our stay in Holmfirth with you so enjoyable. We stayed last weekend when we went to the local Vineyard. The rooms are very comfortable and offer everything that you could possibly need for a weekend visit. Paul and all the staff are so friendly and really polite. We stayed and had our evening meal here and it was exceptional. Really really tasty and lots of it too. The breakfast was fantastic too, any thing you wanted, they would do for you. I would highly recommend eating here whether you are in Holmfirth for the day or the weekend. We will definitely be staying there again next time we are that way. Lovely Hotel, lovely restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely review and so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially our food. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed with friends in two double rooms over easter when we were watching the half man half biscuit concert next door. the location is excellent, although there seemed to be only about ten car parking spaces meaning you probably had to park about two days before you needed your room. after eventually parking at the nearby co-op we booked in. the staff were nice, the room was fine, if a bit too hot, and the breakfast was lovely. the only gripe I have is that when I went down for a beer at teatime it appeared that somebody who looked like me must have been previously barred. that is the only explanation I can think of as to why I was completely ignored for ten minutes while everyone around me got drunk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Here at The Old Bridge Inn we pride ourselves on excellent service to all our guests and it was certainly not our intention to ignore you at the bar. Please accept our sincere apologies for what was a genuine mistake. I am pleased to read you found the staff and breakfast of a good standard.
England
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I used to live in holmfirth and the Old Bridge has been around for yonks. It sits in the heart of the town and has fluctuated in it's quality over the years.

I have never stayed in the hotel rooms, but I visited for dinner this evening after hearing about the refurb. Overall, I was impressed and very happy with our experience.

The staff were young and friendly. Perhaps not necessarily the most knowledgable about the menu but definitely welcomed us with a smile on their face and approachability.

For a Monday night I was pleased to see how full it was (with a lovely clientele as well). The decor inside is warm and welcoming, definitely more modern and fresh than it's former self. The menu too is appealing with sharing platters, mini plates and a nice selection of main meals.

I opted for the giant toad in the hole.. It was probably the largest Yorkshire pudding I have ever seen! They do warn you in the menu with 'it's big!' written in brackets. It was well cooked, of good quality and tasty, yet extremely filling! Only approach with serious HUNGER!

My boyfriend had the steak pie which comes with the warning of 'it's huge!'... And it certainly was! I'm literally not joking when i say it could feed a family! He was thoroughly pleased and felt he was taking on a man vs. food challenge! The meat is locally sourced and the pie is generous with meat and veg (priced at a very reasonable £12!) Perhaps sharing a pie would make more sense, the couple beside us did that and seemed happy. My boyfriends mum had the BBQ sticky beef with sweet potato fries.. Again, a huge slab of quality meat. The value for money really is excellent.

I really would recommend this place. It has no pretences. It is simple, well cooked, locally sourced food in a fresh setting with ample outdoor seating! Just make sure you come hungry!!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. Due to the success of our hotel refurbishment we have now employed quite a few new members to our team so we are delighted to receive such positive feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmfirth
Durker Roods Hotel
#8 of 12 in Holmfirth
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#10 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to Old Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!