“The Yorkshire Burger...yummy”

Ranked #24 of 83 Restaurants in Holmfirth
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Otherwise known As the Rose & Crown, The Nook remains a 'locals' local' with real appeal to visiting tourists Here you will find a welcoming public house which combines the authenticity of days gone by with every modern day advantage. Open seven days a week, 365 days of the year, our aim is to supply the best hospitality and value that Holmfirth has to offer Our well stocked bar features wines, spirits, lagers, soft drinks and beers including eight real ales brewed on site at our own Nook Brewhouse micro-brewery and rotating guest ales Our traditional interior features open fires for cold winter day and nights. In summer our riverside outdoor area with seating and outdoor heaters provide the perfect place to relax in the sunshine.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Called here 02/06/14 on way back from Titanic Spa. Visited with 2 sisters and brother in law. They had been before and had recommended the burgers.

Was not disappointed.I would not normally order burger, but I'm so glad I did. Could not beleive the price £6.00. Great value for money.

Next time I will try the Italian burger.

Well worth a visit.

2  Thank AliHannaghan

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had lunch here today. The pub itself is an old fashioned wooden floored type of place with small rooms , a little dark with lots of character. My husband and son in law wanted to try the real ale brewed on site and were not disappointed . We ordered lunch , £6 for a burger amazing value we thought . When they came we could not believe our eyes . Wooden slab with the biggest burger I've ever seen. It was amazing , not at all fatty , onion rings to die for and real chips . I can see why they have a great reputation . Well done to the chef ( oh and the beers were good too!)

2  Thank zanzibat
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Whenever we come on a night out to holmfirth we go in the nook. It's a lovely, friendly pub, with all walks of life. And it serves real ales, mulled wine and prosecco!

Juke box good too :)

1  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have frequented The Nook for years. I have introduced new friends to this pub and now when we go to The Firth we go to the Nook and that's it we stay. If you expect a 'trendy' place then forget it. In all the years I've gone to this place it has NEVER changed and I hope it NEVER does. The staff are friendly and you get characters from all walks of life in here I always feel comfortable in this pub. Whether you are in scruffs or dressed up you don't feel out of place everyone is made welcome by staff and regulars. It's a must to try there own brews.I haven't had food here yet but what I have seen looks great and the prices well I don't know how they do it.
So my advice is ... If you want trendy and cold feeling places don't go here if you want old style , friendly,warm welcome from staff and regulars this is the place.
Pubs like this have tried to keep up with trends in the past and died a death but not The Nook ..... KEEP IT AS IT IS.

1  Thank Yorkiebird61
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fab atmosphere, local cyder and the best damn burger I've ever eaten :-)
Fab atmosphere, local cyder and the best damn burger I've ever eaten :-)

1  Thank Mark H