Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse
Orbitz.com
US$91
US$79
US$94
All reviewsguest housethe valley view suitethe main houseattention to detailsunny bankgarden roomyorkshire breakfasthomemade breadexcellent hostsdressing gownsbreakfast is servedbeautiful houseold houseshort walklovely couplewarm welcomeguest lounge
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I spent a month at Sunnybanks during October 2012. Jason and Rachel simply adopted me and I became the "resident grandma." They absolutely treated me like family from day one. While they were very helpful and informed about the local area, they respected my space and I was allowed to kick back and enjoy the grounds or just roam around the village. I absolutely had a ball while I was there. The meals were perfect, the room was comfortable. The onboard charger on my mobility scooter konked out while I was there, but Jason saw to it my batteries were kept charged by charging them to a portable charger he borrowed from Alex, the gardner.

Room Tip: Its simple, put yourself in Jason and Rachel's capable hands.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Rita Y
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Arrived home earlier today after great relaxing stay at Sunnybank. Fabulous accomodation in beautiful surroundings, the views are superb. The rooms are presented beautifully, warm, comfortable, and a great nights sleep is guaranteed. The hosts Rachael and Jason were so welcoming, the breakfasts are lovely and so tasty, just right to start the day off to go for a brisk walk.
We went to Holmfirth to watch a rock gig on Friday Evening, which just goes to show what a great little town this is, it caters for everybody, with traditional pubs, wine bars, coffee shops and the Picturedrome.
Thanks Jason and Rachael, we will see you again soon.

Theresa and Tony Jones

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smoggie_11
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Great location and accommodation. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the bedding is luxuriously soft and comfy. We had evening meal at the nearby Farmers Arms which was one if best meals ever had!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Stw53
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My wife and I visited Holmfirth on the weekend of 17 November and were greatly impressed by the wonderful hospitality offered to us by the owners of this beautiful guest house. There was no room available in the guest house but through a combination of circumstances the cottage (Nellies cottage also owned by the proprietors) was made available to us. This cottage was charming, very comfortable and ideally located for anyone visiting Holmfirth. We were also invited to have breakfast in the guest house and were so delighted that this was the case - the breakfast was excellent. I normally eschew a cooked breakfast but was so glad that I had chosen to have one; the food was obviously fresh and cooked as well as any I have ever experienced. Fortunately I am not subjected to the temptation of this everyday as I would find it hard to resist. Many thanks to the proprietors and we shall be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinJF-25
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in Valley View room, to get on with some work... We had the use of the lounge and wifi, had a lovely high tea in front of the roaring log fire, just for us! The breakfasts are fab, and Rachel and Jason were lovely, friendly hosts with top notch standards. The place is an absolute oasis and nothing is too much trouble. Fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business