We stayed at this guest house for one night. Having read the reviews which place it at No1 in Holmfirth our expectations were high. The reality was somewhat different.
While the owners were absent Jason and his wife manage the property. We were therefore left alone in the property with the other guests and given an emergency phone number should the need arise,
The gardens are well kept.
On arrival as the front door opened we were greeted by a stale and unpleasant odour in the hall. The guest lounge is shabby with rugs thrown over aged sofas.
Our bedroom (Church View) was dull, old grey carpet, grey chairs, ochre coloured walls, purple bed cover...all rather odd. The sash window had a broken cord so the only way to keep it open was to wedge it with a book. The pillows were lumpy and polyester.
The bathroom had a wet room style shower, the towels were soft and white.
Breakfast was pleasant, melon, fresh grapefruit plu a cooked breakfast of one's choice. Coffee poor.
We felt the cost of £90 was overpriced for our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful and elegant boutique country guesthouse with glorious views, set in 'Last of the Summer Wine's' Holmfirth. Tripadvisor certificate of Excellence winners and consistently rated number one, in both Holmfirth & West Yorkshire. Listed in the prestigious Michelin Guide and also Britain's Finest. Sunnybank offers luxurious accommodation, serving top quality local produce, in a relaxed informal style with a classic Yorkshire welcome. We are also Tripadvisor 'Green Leaders' at Gold level and now offer, electric vehicle top-ups from our charging station. Sunnybank is only a short walk from the centre and can offer secure off road parking for those visiting the Picturedrome venue or one of the many bars or restaurants in Holmfirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnybank Guest House Hotel Holmfirth
- Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse Holmfirth, Yorkshire