Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse
Orbitz.com
US$91
US$79
Travelocity
All reviewsguest housethe valley view suitethe main houseattention to detailsunny bankgarden roomyorkshire breakfasthomemade breadexcellent hostsdressing gownsbreakfast is servedbeautiful houseold houseshort walklovely couplewarm welcomeguest lounge
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Lovely guest house in a peaceful location, great views, well kept gardens and just a short walk down into Holmfirth. We stayed in the garden view room which was well equipped with toiletries, towels,tea/coffee making facilities,hair dryer, a selection of books to read, complementary bottles of water and chocolates. Breakfast was served in a lovely room with plenty of food to choose from and all locally grown. Our hosts Rachel and Jason are a friendly, helpfully couple to whom we enjoyed chatting to. Go see them and stay at Sunnybank you`ll not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My wife & I stayed at Sunnybank for just one night whilst on a mini tour of Yorkshire. It is indeed a delightful property & the room we had was excellent. Spotlessly clean & a decent breakfast in the wonderful front room to start the day. I deleted several items from my breakfast & thought I might have earned an extra rasher of bacon but did not! Just a suggestion, otherwise very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed in the Annex for 5 days whilst on a course. the Annex is very comfortable, lovely bathroom and very comfortable bed,the breakfast's were very good and the staff couldn't do more for you.wasnt sure at first about the shared table but it proved to be a lovely start to the day talking to other guests that perhaps if on separate tables wouldn't have been such a friendly atmosphere..the local roads took a little getting use to but also became part of the experience.. what a lovely location ...will visit again...the winery is also worth a visit views to die for..

Room Tip: the annex would be good for anyone with disabilities as its flat and you can park straight outside
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tinaperry99
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the Annex while on a walking holiday in May. We found it very comfortable and friendly with everything you need. The breakfasts were amazing - a very good chef! Only complaint was the rain! Nevermind.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahSP8
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We booked to stay at Sunnybank guest house in May, a one night stay with our son. I booked the room online using the owners own website. It all looked very nice from the pictures on the Website. When I filled in the on line form it was very clear that the child place was free. I completed the booking and received an email saying I had successfully booked the room. 24 hours later I received an email from Sunnybank guest house stating that the room would actually cost almost 30% more than quoted on the booking as we were bringing a child. There was no apology for this error. I phoned them and said that I was not willing to pay the extra and again there was no apology for the error the lady said she would cancel the booking. I have since gone through the whole booking process again, and again the price at the end clearly stated that the child was free. So families be warned it may cost more than you think.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joutet
Peter W, Owner at Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

We do think the rating of "Terrible" is a bit excessive given that you didn't actually stay at Sunnybank. However, we’re really sorry you had a bad experience using our online booking facility and can understand some of your frustration.
We had just engaged a new booking engine and in the set-up process, as we no longer offer a third bed, we removed the extra charge but failed to remove the number “3” from the drop down question, "number of room occupants". Nowhere on our site did we advertise free child places.
I am assured that apologies were proffered at the time, the error was rectified and an additional bed was however offered at the old price.
I do hope you will forgive this oversight and will come and try Sunnybank in near future.