“Beautiful Guest House!”

Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 12 Holmfirth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We have stayed at Sunnybank twice now, and we are always struck by the beautiful surroundings. Sunnybank is an upmarket 5 star boutique guest house which is very well run. Attentive hosts Sue and Mike cater for your every need. Attention to detail is apparent with some lovely touches of luxury in the bedrooms.

Breakfast served in the beautiful panelled dining room was excellent with a varied choice of dishes all cooked and served to perfection.

We would thoroughly recommend Sunnybank to any future guests thinking about staying in a luxurious guest house situated in an idyllic setting with the heart of Holmfirth just 5 mins walk away..but with stunning views overlooking the Holme Valley and its glorious rolling hills.

Room Tip: Choose the Valley View Suite and Church View Room for stunning views!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Have now stayed at Sunnybank twice and it truly feels like a home away from home. The management make you feel so welcome you do not have to worry about a thing. Everything is taken care of so you can truly enjoy in the lap of 5 star luxury. However, they make you feel so welcome if you do need anything you are not afraid to ask - and within reason they will get it for you too.
I have stayed in 2 rooms and they were both super comfortable. Beds are so sumptuous you can really snuggle down and enjoy being away from it all. Even with a full house the atmosphere is still very quiet and relaxing.
Breakfasts are nearly the best bit! I had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on a toasted muffin and it was gorgeous - just like my Mum does them. My boyfriend had the full Yorkshire and was definatly full and ready for the day. His first experience of black pudding and we both agreed it was yummy.

Would recommend this guest house to any friends and family looking to go away for a romantic or relaxing weekend away and some of them with a dog are looking to book with us later in the year.

Fabulous place - book and get some luxury in your life.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our Weekend break in Holmfirth, was excellent, staying at Sunny bank was an absolute treat, MIke and Sue our hosts provide a friendly and efficient service, the house is beautiful, we stayed in the valley view room spacious room and en suite, an all round quality experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed for two nights in the Garden View room and had a wonderful time. The place is well decorated and exceptionally clean and Mike and Sue are two lovely people who couldn't do too much for us. It was well situated and we managed to spend a day in Holmfirth doing virtually nothing. The breakfast is really wonderful, but my one criticism is the communal nature of the dining room. I don't think that works having everyone sitting at one table. I think it feels uncomfortable and was the only thing which spoiled the stay for me. It would be really easy to change the room to have three individual tables. Nothing against the others who stayed at the same time as us, but I really don't appreciate sitting for breakfast with people I don't know. That would actually stop me coming back. Sorry! But thanks for making us very welcome.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is my second visit to Sunnybank and the weather couldn't have been more different! Hurricane winds last time and beautiful spring sunshine this time. I stayed in the Garden View Room this time. All the rooms have been redecorated since my last visit in December and look very fresh and spotlessly clean. Mike and Sue were there to welcome me as before and once again, nothing was too much trouble for them. I wakened each morning to the sound of a woodpecker hammering a tree! Breakfasts were again delicious with a wonderful choice of food. I left feeling very relaxed after another very enjoyable stay. I am already looking forward to the next visit!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed for two nights in the Garden View room, which is small but beautifully furnished with a wonderfully comfortable bed. Mike and Sue are the perfect hosts, the welcome was warm and genuine and the tea and cake, served in the lovely guest lounge was much appreciated. The B&B is well situated, just a five minute walk down the hill into Holmfirth although it's a little longer walking back! Breakfasts were huge and there was plenty of choice! Can honestly say it was the best vegetarian full English that I've ever had. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My partner and I stayed for two nights in the Valley view suite. I had opted for the added luxury package. We were met by Mike and Sue on arrival and shown to our room which is absoloutley beautiful. Fresh flowers, fresh fruit, a bottle of bubbly on ice, a decanter of port and big fluffy dressing gowns really added to the wow factor. Views from the room are amazing especially while soaking in the luxurious bath. Fantastic tea tray with good selection of drinks and biscuits. The bed is very large and very comfortable, we both slept soundly and awoke refreshed. Very good choice of breakfasts, immaculate presentation and very very tasty. Mike and Sue are wonderful hosts and we were made to feel very welcome. We will definitely be back, can highly recommend to stay here, you will not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Valley view suite is stunning!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmfirth
Old Bridge Inn
#4 of 12 in Holmfirth
The Rooms at the Nook
The Rooms at the Nook
#5 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse? Share your experiences!