We stopped at this fabulous bed and breakfast recently in order to meet up with friends.
The property is located slightly away from the town centre, up a hill, which allows it to benefit from the fantastic views of the valley. You can access the property either way up this road or by continuing up the main road and taking a right turn by Compo's fish and chip shop., Another right turn at the top of this road leads you down to Sunnybank right next to the church.
The property is lovely with gardens to the front and side and plenty of parking. We were met by our hosts Peter and Ann who were most pleasant and very knowledgeable. The Valley Suite where we stayed was fantastic. Everything here is quality and it shows. The ensuite was lovely with a hip bath, separate walk in shower, candles etc.
The room has plenty of storage space, fluffy bath robes, a huge bed with quality linen and a lcd television. Tea and coffee making facilities, ear plugs, biscuits, books you name it, they have thought of it.
Ann was a fountain of knowledge about the town, which is about a six minute walk away. She recommended the Farmers Arms, which was splendid and we even benefited from free drinks vouchers.
There is a guest room downstairs with reading materials to hand if you wish. High teas are served although we did not have one.
The breakfast is ordered the night before. We both had the full Yorkshire, splendid and then my wife had on the Sunday the smoked haddock, beautiful. Fruits, cereals, tea,coffee etc are all here in the wonderful breakfast room. Other guests commented on the quality of the scrambled eggs.
This in our opinion the best bed and breakfast that we have ever stayed in. Peter and Ann are very friendly but maintain a professional approach, even down to the chefs tops they wear when serving breakfast.
Strongly recommended if you are looking for quality bed and breakfast accommadation in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful and elegant boutique country guesthouse with glorious views, set in 'Last of the Summer Wine's' Holmfirth. Tripadvisor certificate of Excellence winners and consistently rated number one, in both Holmfirth & West Yorkshire. Listed in the prestigious Michelin Guide and also Britain's Finest. Sunnybank offers luxurious accommodation, serving top quality local produce, in a relaxed informal style with a classic Yorkshire welcome. We are also Tripadvisor 'Green Leaders' at Gold level and now offer, electric vehicle top-ups from our charging station. Sunnybank is only a short walk from the centre and can offer secure off road parking for those visiting the Picturedrome venue or one of the many bars or restaurants in Holmfirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnybank Guest House Hotel Holmfirth
- Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse Holmfirth, Yorkshire