All reviews guest house the valley view suite the main house sunny bank attention to detail garden room homemade bread yorkshire breakfast lovely couple dressing gowns breakfast is served the managers old house excellent hosts beautiful house comfortable bed guest lounge
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Sunnybank. Mike and Sue really make it a very special place to stay. As I booked quite close to our visit, we needed to change rooms halfway through, and had both the Valley View room and the Church view room, both extremely comfortable, with particularly high quality beds. The breakfasts are first class, with lots of delicious dishes to choose from. I spent the weekend on a fantastic knitting course at the Rowan Mill, and my husband cycled the Tour de France route locally, both of us happy with our choice of pastime. I'm sure we will be coming back here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Booked in for one night at the Sunnybank as we had tickets for a concert at the Picturedrome, wished we could have stayed longer. The room was beautiful and the view looking out to the valley was outstanding. Our hosts Mike and Sue made us feel very welcome which makes your stay all the more special. As already mentioned previously the little touches that Mike and Sue added really leave a lasting impression, well done ! We have been recommending Sunnybank to our friends and family and have plans to return again only next time for a little longer !!

Michael & Heather R

Room Tip: We stayed in room one ( Valley View ) we loved the view and the room was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at Sunnybank several times now and the experience has always been excellent. The managers cannot do enough to help. I have stayed in the main house and in the purpose built outside rooms. All the rooms are well furnished, comfortable, spotlessly clean and with nice touches like a small fridge/cooler, ear plugs and an umbrella! There is a pleasant lounge and lovely gardens with terraces where guests can sit and relax with a glass of wine after a day of sight seeing. The breakfasts set you up for the day - local produce cooked well. In all, good value for money and definitely the kind of place for return visits. The only drawback is the steep hill up to the house - I suggest not for the faint hearted driver or for those with mobility constraints. Professor Angela Anning

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank angela a
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at Sunnybank for a week while I was attending a textile Summer School. It is a beautiful place and I was fortunate to stay in their best room which is luxurious. I could look at the lambs on the hills opposite from my beautiful bath. The managers are delightful and there are so many lovely touches such as candles by the bath, Werthers Originals on the pillow and many choices of drinks to make. They also gave me a daily flask of fresh milk so that the tea and coffee was not ruined by carton milk. The breakfasts were really good -I'd recommend the scrambled egg and smoked salmon muffin, if you are not up to the full Yorkshire. The hosts are really lovely people and nothing was too much trouble (including a taxi service and first aid when there was an accident on the street below!). I would certainly stay there again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent three nights over May bank holiday and a more perfect place to stay would be difficult to find. Our room had everything we could want and more.......even including a bottle cooler! Breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice. We will definitely be back. Our only suggestion for improvement would be that more information regarding the area could be provided , maybe in the residents lounge. There is a tourist info office in holmfirth so we were able to get walks leaflets and info there so not really a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple