All reviews guest house the valley view suite the main house sunny bank attention to detail garden room homemade bread yorkshire breakfast lovely couple dressing gowns breakfast is served the managers old house excellent hosts beautiful house comfortable bed guest lounge
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sunnybank Guest House for 3 nights and must say that the room we had which was The Lodge was well appointed with everything you needed from bottles of water to all the little things, like the flannels, dressing gowns slippers etc so made for a happy stay.

The breakfast was very good and filled you up enough for your day ahead and Mike and Sue were also very welcoming on your arrival and during the stay so made for a very pleasant weekend. So thanks to you both Graham & Linda

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife & 2 friends had a most enjoyable time here. The rooms were excellent as were the views. Sue & Mike were most attentive & made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were excellent with hot & cold choices.
Although a steep climb from town, this should not deter the fit & healthy. The local taxi firm provided a quick trip to town & back. Details in the Guesthouse.
My wife & I will be returning later to take advantage of the stunning scenery & walks.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, clean & with good views.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just come back from another stay here..still great ...lovely location lovely room and brilliant breakfast..nice to share breakfast with the other guests makes for a lovely start to the day..warm and friendly welcome carnt praise the place enough..

Room Tip: I stay in the garden rooms easy. to unpack and park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Sunnybank. Mike and Sue really make it a very special place to stay. As I booked quite close to our visit, we needed to change rooms halfway through, and had both the Valley View room and the Church view room, both extremely comfortable, with particularly high quality beds. The breakfasts are first class, with lots of delicious dishes to choose from. I spent the weekend on a fantastic knitting course at the Rowan Mill, and my husband cycled the Tour de France route locally, both of us happy with our choice of pastime. I'm sure we will be coming back here again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Booked in for one night at the Sunnybank as we had tickets for a concert at the Picturedrome, wished we could have stayed longer. The room was beautiful and the view looking out to the valley was outstanding. Our hosts Mike and Sue made us feel very welcome which makes your stay all the more special. As already mentioned previously the little touches that Mike and Sue added really leave a lasting impression, well done ! We have been recommending Sunnybank to our friends and family and have plans to return again only next time for a little longer !!

Michael & Heather R

Room Tip: We stayed in room one ( Valley View ) we loved the view and the room was perfect.