All reviews guest house the valley view suite the main house attention to detail sunny bank homemade bread yorkshire breakfast lovely couple the managers dressing gowns old house excellent hosts beautiful house comfortable bed kippers warm welcome town centre
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here recently at quite short notice so that we could enjoy the local vineyard wine tasting trip with worrying about driving. We don't usually stay at B&B's preferring what we consider to be the safer bet of standard chain hotels on the basis you think you know what you're going to get.
We can honestly say this was the best room we can ever remember (Valley Room with superb bathroom) and our hosts could not have been more welcoming.

Truly 5 Star - a very well deserved rating and without doubt one to recommend if you're ever looking at an overnight stay in Holmfirth or somewhere close by

Room Tip: We only saw the Valley Room and paid £105 for two with a superb breakfast. Can't speak for the other rooms but based on ours, the grounds, the house and the owners I would expect them all to be excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Sunnybank for 2 nights at the beginning of June. It was our first experience of a guest house stay for many years.The house and its position was fantastic. We stayed in the lodge and I must say that the room put many four star hotels to shame.It was clean, modern and fully equipped, even with an electric wine cooler.
The Yorkshire breakfast was excellent. Yes, you do have to share a table for six at breakfast but that was no problem for us.The owners, Sue and Mike, were very friendly and if we had to stay in the area again we would certainly give them another visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sunnybank Guest House for 3 nights and must say that the room we had which was The Lodge was well appointed with everything you needed from bottles of water to all the little things, like the flannels, dressing gowns slippers etc so made for a happy stay.

The breakfast was very good and filled you up enough for your day ahead and Mike and Sue were also very welcoming on your arrival and during the stay so made for a very pleasant weekend. So thanks to you both Graham & Linda

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife & 2 friends had a most enjoyable time here. The rooms were excellent as were the views. Sue & Mike were most attentive & made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were excellent with hot & cold choices.
Although a steep climb from town, this should not deter the fit & healthy. The local taxi firm provided a quick trip to town & back. Details in the Guesthouse.
My wife & I will be returning later to take advantage of the stunning scenery & walks.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, clean & with good views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just come back from another stay here..still great ...lovely location lovely room and brilliant breakfast..nice to share breakfast with the other guests makes for a lovely start to the day..warm and friendly welcome carnt praise the place enough..

Room Tip: I stay in the garden rooms easy. to unpack and park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business