“One of the best places I've stayed”

Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 4 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was the 2nd time I have stayed at Brooke-Lodge when visiting Magherafelt. This place is one of the best places I've stayed. Friendly welcome by the owners, great rooms, really comfortable beds, clean and tidy it really is like being at home. It's close to the town centre and I would recommend this place to anyone. The food is great and I would definitely recommend the Brooke-Lodge fry for breakfast. You won't need eat again until the evening.

If I visit Magherafelt next year I'll definitely be coming back here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for the great review,I am delighted you decided to stay with us again on your second visit and look forward to seeing you both next year.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in the family room. The family is very lovely and made us very welcome. The room was very clean and tidy and we slept very well. The breakfast was very nice, freshly prepared and quickly served. We enjoyed every minute of our holiday (especially our little girl when she had a cake for afternoon tea). Thank you very much, you made our stay in Northern Ireland very special!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A M
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you very much! We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us at Brooke-lodge.It was a pleasure to share our home with your family.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My name is Chris and I am from Manchester, I spend most of my time in hotles due to my business and hands down compared to all hotels in the UK THIS IS THE BEST.

Quality room, facilities, bed, sheets and covers, power shower, great price and a home cooked breakfast in the morning to start the day.

I couldn't recommend enough, a must stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

What a compliment !
Thank you very much.I am delighted you think Brooke-lodge is the best in the UK.
Glad you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

beautiful room ,,,, lovely lovely people ,, spotless breakfast was outstanding ,,we,ll definetly be back loved it we,ll be recommending it to friends and family ,,great prices ,, we think they should get more than three stars ,,,,,, many thanks Les and Ruth

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for this excellent review!
We are happy you loved staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Magherafelt is a charming town NW of Belfast - it is passed by everyone on the way to someplace else. We stayed and enjoyed the absence of cheap souvenir stores hawking merchandise for tourists. We shopped at several excellent grocery stores, had a pint at Mary's Bar & a pastry at Ditty's. We chatted with the owners of Brooke Lodge, Martina & Eamonn about their fantastic breakfast, lovely family and what a great butcher she's got ( try the Brooke Lodge Fry for breakfast). The city center is an easy 15 minute walk, and we met the neighbors walking their dogs, and store owners stopped to chat. This was the best surprise about Ireland & I'm glad we slowed down enough to experience it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LightTraveler2014
brooke-lodge, Manager at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks a million for this great review.
We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfasts and lovely town and friendly Magherafelt people.;-))

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The proprietors of ths fabulous B&B could not do enough to make our 2 night stay more enjoyable.
The hospitality, service & food was outstanding & could not be faulted. I would highly recommend this B&B to all travelers. Cheers from the Aussie group of 5

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
brooke-lodge, Owner at Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks very much for posting this lovely review.
We appreciate you taking the time to do so.
We are both chuffed ;-)) xx

Reviewed 12 April 2014

What a wonderful House. we were met by a really nice lady who made us feel welcome, the property is a ten year old purpose built B+B, it was wonderfully clean, very well kept and spot on! The food was excellent, probably the best B+B I have ever stayed in, I will certainly be using it again. The best value for money establishment I have been to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Been to Brooke-Lodge Guesthouse? Share your experiences!