“The extra mile”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am bias because this is my favourite restaurant dropped in on my way home from airport on a Thursday night with her indoors , two soup with soda bread humm then two fillet steaks double humm and custard and coconut sponge which was just right after a big meal ,price my way of gauging a restaurant if it bad I remember the price , the staff alway know were we like to sit etc Eamon Emma never to busy to say hi and Chef Sean will alway go the extra mile should it be table for two or twenty two .

1  Thank micko03

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Highly recommend this excellent restaurant.Worth travelling any distance to.Food outstanding and very fresh,flexibility to suit dietary needs,wonderful ambience.
Still obsessing over the lemon posset!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The service was outstanding and the price was reasonable. Eg- £12.95 bottle of wine. The tandoori chicken was excellent.

1  Thank SuzanneDB69
Reviewed 20 July 2013

After a hectic week at work, my husband and I decided at the last minute to eat out on the Friday evening and arrived at Gardiners G2 just in time to avail of their Early Board menu (2 courses for £11.50 or 3 courses and a glass of wine for £15). From the minute we sat down until we left some 2 hours later the service was excellent. The staff were lovely - very professional,very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. There was a wide choice of dishes on the menu and our bruschetta and pate starters were delicious. When my husband was hesitant about trying the Seafood Tagliatelle because it had a creamy sauce, the waitress offered that the chef could make the dish to his preference. The chef Sean Owens came and spoke with him, promised him a dish he would love and he certainly kept his promise, the off-menu dish he produced was superb. Mr Owens came and chatted to us after we'd eaten and we really appreciated this personal touch - the complimentary selection of desserts he gave us was the perfect finish to an excellent meal. We had eaten in a Jamie Oliver restaurant in Edinburgh just a few weeks before and we both agreed that the meal we had at Gardiner's G2 was far superior to what we had then and at a fraction of the price. An excellent restaurant, in fact a memorable evening - we will certainly be back and would encourage others to visit what should be the top rated restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Generous sized restaurant, well balanced menu, super friendly staff. I would suggest asking Chef Sean Owen for his recommendation for the night. Smoked cod was nicely cooked, but the eel appetizer off menu brought a tear to my eye. An unexpected treasure. This is a person who can ably create wizardry on a plate. Local produce. Hat's off or should I say Touque's off!

1  Thank visitor123993