“Perfect place to stay”

Clearwater House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magherafelt
Clearwater House B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A few of us stayed here for the night after going to jungle ni for the day. We were all greeted by the owners Bernie and Robert who were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. They were both very helpful by offering us lifts and asking when we would like breakfast to be served the next morning. The rooms were faultless, they would put hotels to shame and the breakfast was great with everything from cereal, toast and a full fry being offered. 60 pounds per room per night seems like a bargain when u stay here. Bernie and Robert really do make this place fantastic. They take the time to get to know you and Robert even sat with the guys and had a few drinks and telling us many stories. As they say in this country he was "good craic". Bernie was great in making sure everything was alright for you and asking if there was anything you needed. Tyson the dog great and very playful and also pay Rosie the donkey a visit and feed her. I will definately stay here again if i get the chance. Just a shame i only stayed here for the one night this time.
Many thanks Bernie and Robert for the stay.

Jamie

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our first stay at Clearwaterhouse B&B and we had a great time there! Bernie and Robert are the most kind hosts we have met so far. We had a warm welcome upon our arrival, they made us feel home right away and were very helpful giving information and meeting every of our needs (arrival time, breakfast time or choice of food).
The breakfast was amazing, a very large choice of cooked food (very well prepared), on top of cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurt, bread and jams. We were even treated with doughnuts and extra portions of our favourite bread to take away for our day!
The house and the rooms are very spacious and lovely.
We can only highly recommend a stay at Clearwaterhouse B&B!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
cookstown
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was my second time staying at Clearwater and im so glad I came back again. This B&B is simply the best that I have stayed in bar none. I had spoken to Bernie on the phone to book my room and once she heard my name, it was like chatting to an old friend again. The welcome and service at Clearwater is first class. Bernie and Robert are the perfect hosts who really genuinely care about their guests and made my stay as great as my first time. I had to meet a good friend in Magherafelt for a catch up and Robert kindly took me into the town and offered to lift me again later on that night. I don't know any other place were you would get that kind of hospitality and service. The rooms are fantastic and the breakfast is amazing. I feel I have made two very good friends in Robert and Bernie and I would highly recommend Clearwater to anyone visiting the area. Im looking forward to my next stay at the wonderful Clearwater House. A true Irish gem.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 2 again and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Stockton on Tees
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Not long been home from another Irish trip. As before I stayed(along with four others) at Clearwater house and yet again we were all really well looked after. Bernie and Robert are very good hosts that do their best to make your stay a very pleasant one. When we arrived, in the late afternoon, we had sandwiches and coffee and tea along with biscuits to help us recuperate after a long day traveling.We had that many that we had no need of dinner that evening. With lifts into Magherafelt and back each evening we were able to enjoy an evening out without worrying about taxis or buses. Each morning we were treated to a large breakfast that would keep us going until the afternoon.
Ample parking and a very peaceful nights sleep is the norm at Clearwater House. I can thoroughly recommend a stay with Robert and Bernie if you are going to Northern Ireland

Room Tip: My friends and I have stayed in all the rooms between us and each of us has said that the room we st...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in July and it was a great holiday experience. The welcome and friendliness of Robert & Bernie was very special and matched the excellent breakfast meals served to us. We were made to feel very comfortable at all times and nothing was a trouble to our hosts - who both stayed up till 2 am as we had a very late arrival one day. We would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely House and we will definitely be back another time to sample the wonderful warmth of the hospitality.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a spacious ground floor double room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Myself and my family have stayed at Clearwater B&B on numerous occasions over the years and I keep going back to the same place simply because we've enjoyed every one of our stay's there. From the minute you arrive, there is always a warm welcome from Robert and Bernie,the rooms are always immaculate and the food and service they provide is second to none! You can easily tell they take pride in how great their B&B is and want every person staying to feel at home. We have young children and there was a Travel-cot provided and a High-chair for our toddler! Everything you need is right here,oh! And also the best and most comfortable night's sleep! My kids have a great time staying there too and My five year old son loves playing fetch with Tyson, their dog. Personally, I'm pretty sure we will be visiting again soon. A wonderful place to experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kent, England
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July. Absolutely loved our stay at Clearwater. Felt very welcome as soon as we arrived when we got to meet our lovely hosts, Bernie and Robert. As soon as we got out of the car, we were met by their lovely dog Tyson. Now my wife will admit herself that shes not really a Dog lover, but by the time we left Clearwater, she fell in love with Tyson and she even talked about taking him home with us lol. We had no trouble finding Clearwater (1km from Magherafelt) and we settled in very quickly. After some Tea and snacks, Bernie showed us to our beautiful room with en suite and all the usual amenities you would expect from a top class hotel including Wi-Fi and use of the computer. Im not the best sleeper myself but I have to admit that I slept like a baby during our 3 night stay. Very comfortable bed indeed. Nothing like waking up and jumping into the shower to the chirping of the birds in the morning. Breakfast time was very flexible indeed and we both got up around 10ish o clock each morning. Robert and Bernie both treated us to the nicest (and Biggest) full Irish breakfast that we have tasted. Nothing was too much trouble and we always left the house feeling stuffed, in fact we both couldn't eat a thing all day lol.We both just loved everything about Clearwater and miss Bernie and Roberts hospitality already. 2 lovely genuine people who go out of their way to make your stay as nice as possible. I highly recommend Clearwater to anyone who plans to stay in and around the Tyrone / Derry area. We both really felt at home here and we already have planned our next trip back. Thank you Bernie and Robert and not forgetting the loveable Tyson! See you guys soon x

Room Tip: Fantastic Stay in a beautiful surrounding. Top class!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
Apparo Restaurant & Hotel
#1 of 3 in Antrim
Dewhamill
Dewhamill
#2 of 4 in Magherafelt

Been to Clearwater House B&B? Share your experiences!