“Early Bird Menu Meal For 2”
Review of The Terrace Hotel

The Terrace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Magherafelt
Ballymena
“Early Bird Menu Meal For 2”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My Wife and I just home from availing of Early bird Menu - served 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Good value at 2 course for £9.95 but very poor selection - just three starters and three mains to choose from - we were lucky got what suited. Friendly and courteous staff. Meal order promptly taken and meal promptly served. Pleasant surrounding and very clean and tidy including toilets. I think if they were to give a better choice they would get more custom - only 2 others in whilst there - 5-6 p.m.

Room Tip: Only there for a meal
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
The Terrace Hot... M, Manager at The Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review for The Terrace Hotel, Magherafelt. I am glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We have just launched our early bird offering and although it has a limited choice it runs alongside a full a la carte evening grill menu with a much greater selection. We are constantly reviewing our menus and by monitoring our customer feedback we will strive to improve our offerings.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visiting friends who recommended the Terrace, staff are very welcoming and friendly, lovely food and Guinness is so much better in Ireland! Only 2 negative points,would be the storage for clothes,needed more hangers and the mirror over the desk was positioned over the side that had the drawers so you couldn't sit and use it lol overall highly recommend

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review for your stay at The Terrace Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had an enjoyable meal (and pint or two of Guinness!) We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
PS.We always have a stock of extra coat hangers - so if you need any more next time please let us know.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lovely hotel in the centre of Magherafelt, bedroom was massive! Was a 2 night business trip and I couldn't fault the staff from start to finish, will definitely return - but won't book via the website. The only hassle concerned that deposit which didn't show up on my invoice at the hotel, it turns out this is paid to a third party and took a few days to sort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The Terrace Hot... M, Manager at The Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review on your stay at The Terrace Hotel, Magherafelt. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Recommended hotel.
We have a major customer in the town.
First time visit to the hotel:
- good parking
- good reception on arrival
- good staff on the visit 05/06/14
complimented 'male member of staff' on the night
- really enjoyed his approach to the business
'female member' also very good & professional
- restaurant choice & quality very good
- rooms very good

- will definite stay again

Good hotel especially for those of us in hotels 2/3/4 nights per week.

Thanks.
Martin Churchill

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here for along working weekend in May. The hotel is excellent, light airy clean big rooms.The staff ate very helpful, polite and chatty when not too busy. The Manager he is a good laugh ribbing me about my none existant twin brother (I was black bright at the end of the day). Food is also very good and a great packed lunch instead of breakfast was easily accommodated for. All in alla great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Chappers1708
I'm glad you enjoyed your recent trip to Magherafelt and your stay at The Terrace Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Terrace last weekend (May 22nd) - what a lovely place it is! The rooms are lovely (very comfortable, firm beds and exposed brick walls), the bar is great (LOVELY wine - £12.95 a bottle!) and the food was fantastic - plentiful, delicious and great value for money.

Breakfast was a particular highlight - rather than some conjealing buffet, you order what you want and it comes out freshly made! I asked for fried eggs on toast (firm whites but runny yoke) and bacon - it came out like perfection!! I stayed at a 5 star resort straight after the Terrace, and their breakfast wasn't NEARLY as nice. Another highlight was the lovely staff - SO friendly and welcoming, I really enjoyed my stay there.

My only disappointment was the water pressure - the shower in the morning was a nightmare. The water kept slowing down to a dribble, and then stopping entirely when I had a full hair of shampoo in - other friends in different rooms had the same complaint that morning. However, I have another friend who stayed there a few months ago and she said it was fine then, so hopefully this was just a temporary problem. Thank you for a lovely stay, the Terrace!

Room Tip: I was in room 103 - a very good twin room. It faces the high street though, so there is SLIGHT traf...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
The Terrace Hot... M, Manager at The Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your recent trip to Magherafelt and your stay with us at The Terrace Hotel.
We have noted your issues with your shower and will investigate this and try to rectify the problem.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Terrace in the near future.
Gisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed for 1 night on business. Room clean and tidy. The iron didn't work but the receptionist supplied a replacement no problem.

Didn't dine at the hotel, only had continental breakfast which was fine.

The Guinness however, was spectacular!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The Terrace Hot... M, Manager at The Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I apologise for your iron not working initially - this has now been replaced. We are glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise, and do hope to see you again for another Guinness in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magherafelt
White River House Hotel
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,862 reviews

Been to The Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!