“You wont get better than Laurel Villa”
Review of Laurel Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magherafelt
Laurel Villa
Ranked #1 of 4 Magherafelt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband is from Ireland, lives in South Africa now, we have been over there 4 times and every single time we stay at the Laurel Villa. It is perfect. Noel spends hours chatting to the knowledgeable Geraldine and Alistair about everything. I love the beautifully kept home and the warmth they show us every time. If we go away in South Africa or anywhere else, we always compare to Laurel Villas and nothing has come close. Cant wait to go again.

Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying just one night at this beautiful Victorian townhouse, a few weeks ago. And a what a wonderful experience.
The hospitality of Gerardine and Eugene Kielt really is of the highest standard and of the type rarely found on our travels. Every effort is made to make the guest feel comfortable, and you very quickly forget that this is someone else's house.
We stayed in the Seamus Heaney room which was wonderfully decorated and heavenly comfortable. At the bedside were a number of books with a Heaney theme. This place is a must for Irish poetry and Heaney enthusiasts with exhibits of work in every nook and cranny. But it is so much more.
The comfort and decor of the rooms are far beyond the norm that one would expect in the Irish guesthouse. The attention to detail really is five star, and the breakfast.....
The breakfast that Gerardine made us was absolutely perfect. To sit at the table by the window on a beautiful spring morning with the Irish Times in hand and not to be in a terrible rush to do anything, is just bliss. The scones and bread were homemade, the juice freshly squeezed and the fresh local food cooked to order, beautifully presented and served with quality breakfast tea. This is a real hidden gem of a place. It's a guesthouse, a museum, a gallery but above all else a wonderfully welcoming home, and that is priceless.
Perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Behind the red door of Laurel Villa, I found the best breakfast in Ireland, the kindest people you could meet, and a wealth of information about my family history. This elegant Victorian guesthouse is a treasure trove of paintings, poems and little literary icons - like Seamus Heaney's Conway Stewart pen. There was laughter with the perfectly poached eggs or sauteed mushrooms and just the right serving of information about my day's plan. I did the Heaney Country Tour on my first morning and felt that I was in the real Ireland - on holiday and in another world. I can't wait to return and would definitely recommend you stay with the Kielts next time you're in Ireland.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mtmartha
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at Laurel Villa for the first time in February. My only disappointment was not being able to stay for longer than one night, I left on the Sunday morning thinking of reasons how I could return!
Gerardine & Eugene are perfect hosts, welcoming you into their home as family, the breakfast was beautiful, Gerardine's home baked scones are thoroughly recommended, the rooms are very clean and comfortable affording an excellent night’s sleep – the 4 star rating is easily a 4+.
So if you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Magherafelt area or allowing that Magherafelt & its central location makes a good base for exploring N. Ireland, make Laurel Villa your choice.
You will be treated, not only to superb accommodation that is steeped in local history & Irish Literature but even more the outstanding care & attentiveness of your hosts Gerardine & Eugene – it will leave you, as it did me, working out ways to come back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Have just come back from yet another lovely stay in Laurel Villa, Magherafelt. Have been there now 6 or 7 times & never been disappointed, it's just like home but better! Once again want to recommend this marvellous guest house to anyone visiting Northern Ireland, it's the most comfortable, friendly place imaginable. Eugene is a mine of information concerning not only Seamus Heaney, but also all aspects of Irish history, culture & geography. If there's anything you need to know just ask him. Thanks for such a lovely time & I'll be back asap!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful....
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at Laurel Villa with my 13yo grandson Thomas from 27th July until 1st August in 2011 whilst catching up with family and friends and never have I been made as welcome as I was by Eugene and Geraldine.
The food was superb, the rooms were lovely,the beds very comfortable, the room spotlessly clean as was the rest of the villa and Geraldine even threw in a baking lesson for us as we had said that her soda bread and scones were delicious. She also gave us the recipe for both away home with us.
Truly lovely people who couldn't do enough to make us feel comfortable and happy. So kind and so thoughtful and if I am ever back over that way, I shall stay with them again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I loved everything about Laurel Villa and would thoroughly recommend a stay there. Eugene and Geraldine welcomed us like family and treated us like royalty. Eugene had local knowledge of our great grandmother's family and drove us around to see the old gravestones and sites of houses. He brought our history alive. We'll be going back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Been to Laurel Villa? Share your experiences!