“Favourite takeaway!”

Alford Tandoori
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Alford
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Alford Tandoori is my favourite takeaway. The staff are brilliant and friendly, who always try their hardest to answer any question or fix any problem that occurs. The food is wonderful, always served hot as it's cooked after you order it. I have had many dishes from here, a few of my favourite mains are the Monpura, Chasni, Passanda, and Bhuna. I have never had anything to complain about with any of the meals.
I think the previous comments refer to if you carry out and drive a long distance before eating, where obviously the food would have cooled, and that's what a microwave is for!
The Tandoori itself is very bright and welcoming, there's comfortable chairs with magazines and a TV for you to read or watch as you wait for your food. Although the service is great, and you're barely waiting long.
I am a regular customer, and will be for a very long time!
Fully satisfied with this Take-Away :-)

2  Thank Jakeyown

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Such great food, has a variety of choices. Excellent service, everyone who works their are really welcoming. The prices are even better.

1  Thank R151
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I really like to support small local business enterprises. But, this was a very poor effort, the food quality was just not very good at all. Meal was badly prepared and cooked, naan bread was tough, tasteless. Food was cold and very disappointing, also, when collecting the food I noticed food had been dropped on the floor of the food preparation area and not cleared up......they were not busy....enough said.

I ordered the following all as starters:

1 x vegetable pakora (£3.50)
1 x onion bhaji (£3.50)
1 X chicken chat puri (3.95)
2 X chicken tikka (£7.10)
1 x garlic mushrooms (£3.35)
1 x pilau rice ( £2.80)
2 x plain naan (£5.00)

Total paid £29.20. Had it tasted good and been warm I still think that it would have been very poor value, as it was, I would have been better off going to the co-op and buying a ready meal for two, at least the quality and taste would have been OK. Really sorry, guys, bad show, you have just lost a customer.

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Had carryout lamb curry. It was awfull. Too much vinegar or lemon - it was very acidic. The meat was hard/overcooked. If I hadnt travelled so far to pick it up I'd have taken it back. Sorry but I wont be going back. Shame.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We have been to the Alford Tandoori twice now and both times we were very impressed with the food. Service is friendly and there isn't too long a wait for your takeaway to be ready. There is a huge choice of Indian dishes.... and the usual European dishes that we didn't even cast our eye over!
The portions are huge and we have never been able to finish all of our meal yet!.... nevermind ...it tastes just as good the next day! ;-) I think if you order over £20 or £25 you get free popadoms + 3 dippy things...onion, yogurt and mango!
We ordered Chicken Tikka Massala, Lamb Tikka Manchorian (yum! out of this world!), 2 Pilau Rice and 1 enormous Peshwari Naan! This came to £25 so you get the Popadoms etc with that. and although it was intended to feed 2 people, I think it could easily of fed 3 and that's coming from two people with hearty appetites!
Highly recommend this takeaway!

1  Thank roonsanddodds