“Average meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

An average meal. Prices quite expensive for the amount you get. Served gluten free meals not a problem, which is always a positive. Don't think I will be rushing back

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I bought a take away Lamb Madras from this place when visiting family. I was up during the night with a sore stomach. Oddly I met my sister in law in the restaurant when ordering as they were having a take away too. When I spoke to her next day, she had had a sore stomach and her husband had been physically sick! So not just the one dodgy meal sold that day!

3  Thank gordonburns1
Reviewed 29 July 2013

have been going to the sitar for a number of years and think it is one of the best indian restaurants i have been in. there were 5 of us and we all had the banquet which is on a wednesday or sunday evening, you can have a starter, main with rice, nan bread and a side vegetable dish for £9.50 plus drinks and poppadums. food always comes hot and with enough time between courses so you don't feel rushed. the only criticism i have is that one of our party asked for a sauce and we ordered extra drinks and water and had to ask for them twice but it was very busy. can't recommend the food here highly enough and always look forward to going back and at £72 for 5 of us its really good value.

1  Thank janicejanroxy
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

DREADFUL with the rudest staff and most average overpriced food! Waiter rude, abrupt with a terrible attitude would throw things into table including cutlery, lean over people as too lazy to walk around table and clear plates before everyone was finished! If your reading this mr waiter in the glasses it's you I'm talking about! Food average and served luke warm! 4 main and starters with no alcohol £80! Jalfrezi a bowl of vegetables chicken and swimming in grease! I will not be back!

Avoid at all costs! Go get a microwave curry from tesco up the road instead

4  Thank Davidacarrick
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I go here 3 times a week for either takeaway or sit in,and have to say the food is excellent,but it's the service that keeps me going.i am treated like royalty the moment I walk in,very cosy feel but the food is excellent and I have been to loads of curry houses,the jalfrezi here is to die for. Please go here and try for yourself.very reasonable priced aswell.

2  Thank Darman69