“Fantastic fish and chips”
Review of The Cafe Royal

The Cafe Royal
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Annan
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Occupying the building on the site where Robert Burns wrote the 'diels awa' wi the exciseman', The Cafe Royal Annan was opened in 1967. We provide high quality food, from a Full Scottish Breakfast to Fish and Chips, Baked Potatoes, Salad and Filled Rolls. Open 7 days a week from 7am to 8pm. We have an outdoor eating area as well as a smoking shelter for our smoking customers.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Never fails to please. Excellent food. My personal favourite is the chip roll but they do a wide range of other food.

1  Thank Pam S

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went back here today as I was back down that way doing some more history on King Robert The Bruce iv got to say this café just gets better and better today I had chicken bits and they where perfect and my mum had the fish the fish is so fresh that it tasted of the sea which to my mum is the best taste in the world. Thank you again Café Royal for another beautiful meal see you soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Café Royal sells good fish and chips. It would be my fish and chip shop of choice in Annan, although I have had superlative fish and chips in a couple of other places. It is also good that there is a choice of eat in (pleasant, clean surroundings) and take-away.

However, the stand-out feature for this establishment is the customer service. Have visited several times and they are always friendly and efficient, with a good queuing system, but today, in hot and humid weather the staff came along the queue with a tray of a selection of cold drinks and lollipops for the children, for while we were waiting - and we didn't even have to wait that long.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

what a very well appointed place and great staff with even better prices, well worth a visit, for a first time visit I was made very welcome and really enjoyed my short stay, I will be going back and soon,, thank you all

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Never wrote a chippy review before but needs must. Friendly staff all eager to help. Fantastic service and fresh fish n chips. Clean toilets.
So if ever in the area again would visit this chippy again. As enjoyed by us all
Widnes, Cheshire.