“The best Sunday Roast ever”
Review of Brig Inn

Brig Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Annan
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Small village inn set beside the River Annan, providing bar meals daily,holding Thursday coffee morning and serving traditional Sunday lunches, used by locals and tourists,including fishermen and walkers.
Reviewed 23 May 2015

This is the best Sunday lunch we've had since forever. The staff can't do enough for you and you are advised to book as it is very popular. We just turned up and were very lucky to get in as the food speaks for itself.

2  Thank Jill M

Reviewed 5 November 2014

Lovely family run pub/restaurant, first time my children & I had visited here so glad we did. I can recommend the breaded fish & chips they were delicious. Great to sit relaxing overlooking the River Annan where we saw a herring & other wildlife. They do a Sunday Roast to which I believe you've to book well in advance for, I intend to do this soon.

3  Thank Virgochick73
Reviewed 27 September 2014

My wife and I visited the Brig Inn and were welcomed with the friendly lady owner. We ate in the restuarand with views over the river Annan. The meals are all cooked by Mary and are delicious.
We both had Haggis neeps and potato pie with gravy followed by delicious puddings. Portions were generous and represented greay value for money.
Nice tasty meals, friendly staff and superb value for money. Highly recomended.

2  Thank gavin1960
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Arrived with a family group from Lancashire on Friday lunchtime but hadn't made a booking and upon arrival thought that perhaps that was a mistake. Went in and asked if we could be accomodated for lunch and was told by the guy in the very small and unappealng bar area that there was no way we could eat as he was on his own. Part of me was very disappointed but then part of me thought I don't think this is the place where we should eat anyway. I am sure that if the Brig Inn had a webpage that would have helped me realise that this wasn't the place for us or should I have assumed that any place these days without a webpage is perhaps not ready to take parties of 9 adults at no notice. Anyway we went on to Castle Douglas and found a great place to eat there. Good luck to the Brig Inn a sit is a superb setting and perhaps my estimation of it was too high for us

3  Thank CliveTheJive
Reviewed 21 July 2013

After taking the dog for a walk down the river path we all stopped for a drink and some food at the Brig Inn. From the moment we walked in and asked if Dave our dog was allowed in the terrace part of the restaurant we were made to feel welcome. They make no bones about the outside of the pub but don't let this put you off at all, it's definately what's on the inside that counts. Tasty home cooked food and Mary in the kitchen is a great character. You can't moan about the value for money and would highly recommend you stop here to eat and drink if you get the chance.

9  Thank 1970hedge