“Wish I'd saved my money.”
Review of Meganos - CLOSED

Meganos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

We were taking my nana out for tea for her birthday before the bingo. We had chosen del amitre but as it didn't open til 6.00 we chose here instead. I wish we had saved our money and had a bag of chips from the chip shop. We wouldn't have smelled as greasy either! I had bruschetta to start and my husband mussels. The mussels were clearly frozen and had been forced open as there was even shell in the sauce. I have never seen him leave any sauce but there was quite a bit left.
For a main course me and nana both had chicken with Parma ham strewn over the top and a cheese sauce. It was supposed to have been stuffed with cheese but I am yet to find it. We got potatoes and chips, salad and veg which was a big mish mash on the plate. I didn't enjoy it at all and left most of it, I also don't eat any brown parts of the meat and there were also a lot of them. My husband had risotto and again left some. I've never seen him leave anything before but it was so stodgy he couldn't eat It!!

The place is very dark and you could hardy see what you were eating not to mention the fact the longer we sat the more our eyes nipped from the deep fat fryers not to mention the fact that we came out smelling like we worked in a chip shop!!

On the upside the staff were very polite and did a good job but it's safe to say we won't be back!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

This is a small family run business The menue is good value for money. It is best for a special occasion as accomodation is limited. As the restaurant is on the first floor up a steep stair disabled access is limite

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Meganos has a good selection of Italian dishes, lovely staff and my mum wanted something that wasn't on the menu and they were very accommodating, they have a happy hour, we went and all our pasta dishes and pizza were only £5.95 each great value and lovely atmosphere.

Check there wed site www.meganos.co.uk

Reviewed 19 August 2012

As always we were made very wellcome and the food was very good as usual and the service first class.

1  Thank bluejayaaa