“Excellent B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochcarron
Pathend Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 12 Lochcarron B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I spent six nights in this B&B as the sole occupier of a double room. I thoroughly recommend it. The room was large, clean and had excellent views over the loch. I particularly appreciated the window-facing sofa in the room for reading and watching television. Although I didn't use it, the B&B also has a comfortable living room for guests. The breakfast is one of the best I have experienced in a B&B. I had porridge everyday, followed by a full cooked breakfast and fruit salad - more than enough to fuel me for the cycling I did. A nice touch was cakes/biscuits (often homemade) in the room at the end of each day. The owner, Adrian, was helpful in every way, even getting up early to cook me breakfast on my last day when I had to leave before 8am. If I return to Lochcarron, I will certainly return to this B&B without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Martin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hailsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Pathend was everything we wanted from a B&B. The owner, Adrian, was so welcoming and nothing was too much trouble (he even posted a jacket id left behind in the bedroom to Eatbourne). The house was full of character and was decorated so beautifully. Our bedroom was a lovely size and overlooked the loch - amazing! The cooked breakfast was excellent. I can't praise this B&B enough!

Room Tip: I think both rooms overlooked the loch but the one we stayed in was left at the top of the stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed at the B & B for one night with two friends on a motorcycle trip around the northern Highlands. This was a real find & I will certainly use it again. Adrian made us so welcome and prepared a good evening meal & breakfast with plenty of choices. The whole house has great character & the decor throughout is good. The bedrooms were large & comfortable with a double & single bed in one room and a large double in the other.
Do not be put off by the external look of the property - it looks like a small terrace property but is much biggar and better than first impressions. We even watched eurosport in the guest lounge after dinner.
The view over the loch was great

Room Tip: The family room has a shower over a sunken bath (en-suite) the double room had a private bathroom/sh...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Edinburgh
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I am so glad that the B & B we'd initially looked up was full! The owner directed us to this place and I have to say it was fabulous. We had a big purple room with a bookcase and private bathroom which was spotless. The room overlooks the loch, so you are guaranteed a fabulous view, and there's wooden shutters so you also get a great sleep.

Alongside a great selection of tea/coffee/biscuits there was also a plate of cake which was a great bonus! The veggie breakfast was delicious. I can eat for Scotland but even I could not finish it!

The owners were very friendly and happy to help. We already knew what we wanted to see and do in the area, but they had a wide selection of reference materials and would have been happy to help us plan our trip. Overall we loved it and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: THe purple room was fabulous!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Pathend B&B in June 2012 for 1 night. We had been due to stay at another B&B in Lochcarron but unfortunately circumstances meant that they had to cancel our booking and move us next door to Pathend. It was an excellent move and we found the quality of Pathend was excellent.

We stayed at many B&Bs on our two week trip through Scotland and Pathend was one of the best. The bed was probably the most comfortable that we stayed in for our whole holiday and we both had an excellent nights sleep. The room had a bath which was sunken into the floor so that was a bit of a novelty and the shower was good. Breakfast in the morning was very good as well.

In the evening, we took a trip over to Applecross and we were lucky to have a completely clear evening to do so - it was stunning so well worth a trip if you have the time!

Overall, an excellent B&B that we would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Ardon, France
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This small B&B is situated facing Lochcarron, your bedroom looks out onto the loch. The decor is semi victorian and gives the B&B an excellent atmosphere. The proprietor could not be any friendlier and helpful. We booked an evening meal which was very good and the breakfast was the best I've experienced for a long time. The bed was comfortable and the sunken bath and shower in the en suite did verthing it should. I highly recommend Pathend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robingbartlett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochcarron
Shieldaig Lodge
#1 of 1 in Erbusaig
Kyle Hotel
Kyle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Kyle of Lochalsh

Been to Pathend Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!