“Welcoming and cosy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochcarron
The Old Manse Lochcarron
Ranked #4 of 12 Lochcarron B&B and Inns
“Welcoming and cosy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Warm welcome after a 400+ mile drive to deliver a pony, room and house beautifully kept, warm and welcoming, owner very professional and couldn't do enough for us. Lovely big comfortable bed, stunning views. The best breakfast we have ever had. Wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank zoemackay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Have read the other reviews and I must say there are some silly picky people!! I can honestly say that I haven't stayed anywhere that is so accommodating and hospitable. The room my daughter and I stayed in was lovely and clean with a gorgeous view of the Loch & mountains. Beds are comfy and breakfast is very good too. I can not fault this B&B at all. My advise is if you want somewhere lovely to stay with lovely people then this is your place, however if you like to pick faults in stupid things then stay at home!! Life is too short!!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

My partner and I had booked for 3 nights. We arrived on fri 21 sep. Warm welcome and lovely double room with great view as per our booking. My partner went off on Saturday after breakfast for a long hillwalk involving an overnight stay in a bothy. He returned after breakfast on the Sunday. However on the Sunday morning before he returned, Trevor (owner) asked if I was staying another night. I replied yes. He said we had only booked for one night??! He added that the room was booked for that night. I was shocked and insisted we had booked for 3 nights. In the end I had to move all our belongings into the twin room next door, otherwise we had nowhere to stay.
All in all it is a lovely B & B but I was rather disappointed when, after the mis-managed booking and the fact that there was only one of us for B & B on the sat/sun, we were offered only a £10 deduction off our £210 bill. It spoiled an otherwise good B & B.

• Stayed September 2012
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

We found The Old Manse to be just what we were looking for. It is right on the shores of the Loch and the rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable.

The service was very pleasant with a nice choice of well cooked breakfast.

We had a problem while we visited Lochcarron but our hosts were more than helpful in resolving.

Recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Loch
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Newport, Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here, the rooms were very cosy, and had fab views.

There's a fab walk straight to the side of the loch from this hotel, and we were lucky enough to have great weather.

Breakfast was delicious, and we had a good opportunity to chat to other travellers during our stay.

Room Tip: Can't say, we only say our room, but all other guests appeared to be enjoying themselves.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Wonderful hosts. A great place to stay in a quiet area on the loch. The hosts made us feel very welcome, treating us like one of their family. We travelled three weeks in Scotland, visited many excellent bed and breakfasts establishments, but this was the best place we stayed in. I only wished we had given ourselves longer to stay there.

Ged SD

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Old Manse is a real treasure. Located close to the bank of the loch it provides a perfect view across the water. The rooms are most beautifully decorated and those with sea-view are simply great. Last but not least Fiona and Trevor, our hosts took great care in making us feel welcome and so we spent a wonderful time there. (even the weather was perfect!)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Been to The Old Manse Lochcarron? Share your experiences!