“Fantastic value and beautiful place to stay in Lochcarron”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochcarron
The Old Manse Lochcarron
Ranked #3 of 12 Lochcarron B&B and Inns
Tipperary, Ireland
“Fantastic value and beautiful place to stay in Lochcarron”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Arrived in Lochcarron after a beautiful drive up from Glasgow in the freezing sunshine to the warmest welcome. The house is situated directly in front of the loch overlooking the hills opposite and is one of the prettiest views I have ever seen. The owners are very friendly and couldnt do enough for us. The bedroom was so pretty and well appointed with everything you could need including fresh milk and home made shortbread. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and unhurried. Wish we could have stayed longer, but hope to be back soon. Absolutely excellent value. Best wishes to Stuart and Susan and hope they have a very busy summer.

Room Tip: Twin room overlooking the loch, with beautiful ensuite, very quiet and well appointed
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Highlands, Scotland
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at the Old Manse unfortunately only for one night, due to being on a tight schedule. The location is wonderful, being right on the loch-side and it was so lovely to be watching ducks in the garden as we were having an excellent breakfast. The room was tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised that I could not find anything to fault this place and its true that little personal touches like home-made shortbread and offering fresh milk for the coffee and tea in the bedroom made for a very pleasant short stay. So much so that the first thing I did when I got home was to find out when I will be back in the village again! Good luck to Stuart and Susan for the coming season and I aim to see them again soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My partner and me are quite a young couple (25+20 yrs old), so we weren't quite sure about how well we would be received, especially considering that i had turquoise hair at the time of the trip. But we were welcomed very warmly and felt comfortable right from the start. We stayed for 2 nights and went to Applecross on the second day, which i can only recommend!
The breakfast was lovely and the room was wonderful as well. The view over the Loch is beautiful and I'd recommend a room that oversees it.
We had a very pleasant time and the owners were extremely nice and helpful.
I'd happily stay at the Old Manse Guest House again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Warm welcome after a 400+ mile drive to deliver a pony, room and house beautifully kept, warm and welcoming, owner very professional and couldn't do enough for us. Lovely big comfortable bed, stunning views. The best breakfast we have ever had. Wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank zoemackay
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Have read the other reviews and I must say there are some silly picky people!! I can honestly say that I haven't stayed anywhere that is so accommodating and hospitable. The room my daughter and I stayed in was lovely and clean with a gorgeous view of the Loch & mountains. Beds are comfy and breakfast is very good too. I can not fault this B&B at all. My advise is if you want somewhere lovely to stay with lovely people then this is your place, however if you like to pick faults in stupid things then stay at home!! Life is too short!!

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My partner and I had booked for 3 nights. We arrived on fri 21 sep. Warm welcome and lovely double room with great view as per our booking. My partner went off on Saturday after breakfast for a long hillwalk involving an overnight stay in a bothy. He returned after breakfast on the Sunday. However on the Sunday morning before he returned, Trevor (owner) asked if I was staying another night. I replied yes. He said we had only booked for one night??! He added that the room was booked for that night. I was shocked and insisted we had booked for 3 nights. In the end I had to move all our belongings into the twin room next door, otherwise we had nowhere to stay.
All in all it is a lovely B & B but I was rather disappointed when, after the mis-managed booking and the fact that there was only one of us for B & B on the sat/sun, we were offered only a £10 deduction off our £210 bill. It spoiled an otherwise good B & B.

• Stayed September 2012
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We found The Old Manse to be just what we were looking for. It is right on the shores of the Loch and the rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable.

The service was very pleasant with a nice choice of well cooked breakfast.

We had a problem while we visited Lochcarron but our hosts were more than helpful in resolving.

Recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Loch
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochcarron
The Torridon
#1 of 2 in Talladale
Hartfield House Applecross
Hartfield House Applecross
#1 of 2 in Applecross

Been to The Old Manse Lochcarron? Share your experiences!