“Stay here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochcarron
The Old Manse Lochcarron
Ranked #3 of 12 Lochcarron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Very comfortable and they went out of their way to meet our needs. We had cycled from Kyle of Lochalsh they stored our bikes, dried our washing and helped us plan our onward journey. Breakfast excellent. Beautiful house, great views. Other end of the village to the pub,but no problem. The B&B would cook evening meal, given notice. If ever in the area, would stay here without looking at other options.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We've just got back from a 5 night stay at the Old Manse and can thoroughly recommend it. Nice big room with a view of the lake, excellent food (both breakfast and evening meals) and incredibly welcoming owners.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Arrived in Lochcarron after a beautiful drive up from Glasgow in the freezing sunshine to the warmest welcome. The house is situated directly in front of the loch overlooking the hills opposite and is one of the prettiest views I have ever seen. The owners are very friendly and couldnt do enough for us. The bedroom was so pretty and well appointed with everything you could need including fresh milk and home made shortbread. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and unhurried. Wish we could have stayed longer, but hope to be back soon. Absolutely excellent value. Best wishes to Stuart and Susan and hope they have a very busy summer.

Room Tip: Twin room overlooking the loch, with beautiful ensuite, very quiet and well appointed
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at the Old Manse unfortunately only for one night, due to being on a tight schedule. The location is wonderful, being right on the loch-side and it was so lovely to be watching ducks in the garden as we were having an excellent breakfast. The room was tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised that I could not find anything to fault this place and its true that little personal touches like home-made shortbread and offering fresh milk for the coffee and tea in the bedroom made for a very pleasant short stay. So much so that the first thing I did when I got home was to find out when I will be back in the village again! Good luck to Stuart and Susan for the coming season and I aim to see them again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My partner and me are quite a young couple (25+20 yrs old), so we weren't quite sure about how well we would be received, especially considering that i had turquoise hair at the time of the trip. But we were welcomed very warmly and felt comfortable right from the start. We stayed for 2 nights and went to Applecross on the second day, which i can only recommend!
The breakfast was lovely and the room was wonderful as well. The view over the Loch is beautiful and I'd recommend a room that oversees it.
We had a very pleasant time and the owners were extremely nice and helpful.
I'd happily stay at the Old Manse Guest House again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Warm welcome after a 400+ mile drive to deliver a pony, room and house beautifully kept, warm and welcoming, owner very professional and couldn't do enough for us. Lovely big comfortable bed, stunning views. The best breakfast we have ever had. Wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank zoemackay
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Have read the other reviews and I must say there are some silly picky people!! I can honestly say that I haven't stayed anywhere that is so accommodating and hospitable. The room my daughter and I stayed in was lovely and clean with a gorgeous view of the Loch & mountains. Beds are comfy and breakfast is very good too. I can not fault this B&B at all. My advise is if you want somewhere lovely to stay with lovely people then this is your place, however if you like to pick faults in stupid things then stay at home!! Life is too short!!

• Stayed: November 2012

Been to The Old Manse Lochcarron? Share your experiences!