“Excellent food and service”
Review of The Cabin

The Cabin
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Mallaig
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Mallaig was busy as the Jacobite steam train had rolled into town on it's first trip of the season, so the restaurants were full, as was The Cabin. There was only one waitress taking food orders and bringing meals to the tables, she was excellent,very efficient, good humoured and a credit to the restaurant We ordered our meal and weren't kept waiting very long, so I must give credit also to the chef who produced an excellent meal.

2  Thank Arquebus

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Inexpensive little restaurant with mainly Italian based dishes at very reasonable prices. Brilliant waitress with great sense of humour and very friendly. Hardworking and attentive so service very good. Limited drinks but, hey, this is a small place so you don't expect the sort of choices you'd get in a pericey restaurant.

2  Thank romper33
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We ate here twice during our recent holiday to scotland and both times the food was great! It is a resturant attached to a fish and chip take away. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual, but the fish was great. In our party we also had some of the italian dishes which were also very tasty with really good portion sizes.

3  Thank Noreen W
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great juicy fish and chips, spaghetti bolognaise our eldest son had looked delicious (and tasted he said) and the Mallaig prawn tails with spaghetti in white wine sauce I had was divine...would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Jafanet
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I was advised to try out the cabin restaurant and glad I did :-) the food is absolutely fantastic and so fresh.the mussels in the cream and white wine sauce are the best I have ever tried in my life with no exaggeration as I have tried mussels many of times in a range of restaurants all over the world, the cabin restaurant takes a bit of beating.my boyfriend ordered the monkfish which was brilliant soft delicate and the sauce was very different nothing he has ever tried before and absolutely loved it.i would also recommend the raspberry chranachan cheesecake which is definitely worth a try.the service was excellent and the waitress was most friendly, chatty and helpful.hats off to the chefs who are absolutely fantastic at there job.overall I will definitely be returning in the summer holidays :-)

1  Thank EMW2389