“Beyond words!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shalimar B & B

Shalimar B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mallaig
Shalimar B & B
Ranked #22 of 27 Mallaig B&B and Inns
Doha, Qatar
“Beyond words!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My partner and I spent four days a couple of weeks ago at Ben's lovely B&B. It was a bit like visiting a friend: Ben took care of us from start to finish, the legendary breakfast lived up to its hype, and Ben took us on tours by road and sea to show us the area around Mallaig.

The room was large, warm, and comfortable. Despite the remote location, the amenities were top-notch. Take a few days off from your busy schedule and stay at Mallaig. Skype and the other islands are within striking distance. You won't regret this trip. We certainly don't!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uday C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Ben was very kind and helful with advices for my trip in Scotland.
This place is very clean,the beds are comfortable and the breakfast good and plenty.
The view the next morning was amazing,and I wanted an early start,and Ben didn't mind getting up for me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vurbaine
St Boswells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed one night intending to catch the ferry to Eigg the next day. Unknown to us the CalMac ferry had been cancelled, so when Ben found out, he booked us a place on the smaller ferry. We really appreciated his thoughtfulness. Breakfast is fabulous - there is anything and everything, lots of it, freshly cooked and good quality. He checked in advance about dietary needs and got in some soya milk for my husband. I've read some not so good reviews and really don't know what these reviewers are talking about. Shalimar is a proper B&B - you are staying in someone's home so even though you are a paying guest you have to respect that. If you want impersonal service and anonymity you should stay in a big hotel. The room with ensuite was really nice, clean and had everything we could want. Ben was friendly and helpful, but not "over the top" so we had as much privacy as we wanted. I would recommend Shalimar strongly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was travelling on my own to the Isle of Skype and on my way I stopped in Mallaig for a night. Everything about Ben's B&B was great. Clean, Welcoming, helpful, lovely breakfast, lovely views... I was lucky to meet there another traveller and thanks to Ben I got no only a lift to Skye but a companion on my trip. It was a beautiful experience and Ben was a great host. And the balcony faces West where you can sip a glass of wine while you enjoy the beautiful sunset.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a one day stopover in Mallaig. The weather was awful, but Ben, the owner of Shalimar, was wonderful, he gave us a tour of the area, which otherwise we wouldn't have seen, and gave us lifts into town, because it was raining. Ben really went the extra mile.
The B & B was clean and comfortable, and Ben produced the most enourmous tasty breakfast. Wonderful value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

DONT STAY HERE !!!!
if you are on a diet !!!!!
The breakfast has to be seen to be believed.
But seriously, Ben our host, cant do enough for you. I was using Mallaig as my base, as i was doing a touring holiday in my car.
Ben's knowledge of the roads of the highlands is unbeleivable, he gave me invaluable info on where to go, and what to see
shalimar is a real home from home, you will need for nothing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here for a night on 6 July. Everything was perfect in this gem of a place. Ben is a very thoughtful and helpful person who makes you feel so welcome in his home. He very kindly gave our daughter her own room. Ben did everything he could to assist us. We had a lovely time exploring around Mallaig including finding the Local Hero beach! We anxiously wondered whether we could conquer Ben's fabled and enormous breakfast but it was a great introduction to black pudding, haggis and other local delicacies - and then we skipped lunch! Thanks very much Ben!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mallaig
West Highland Hotel
GlenanCross GuestHouse
The Mission Bunkhouse
The Mission Bunkhouse
#1 of 5 in Mallaig

Been to Shalimar B & B? Share your experiences!