“Overpriced”
Review of EcoVillage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beiteddine
EcoVillage
Ranked #3 of 4 Beiteddine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The place was beautiful, it had amazing scenery with a lot of cool stuff to do. BUT
We found it to be very overpriced, lacking hospitality due to the manager of the place especially.
The food was stingy for the 20$ you're forced to pay btw. For a place that advertise itself as being very ecological, the food, the way the tree houses were built, the road that cut through the entire mountain WASN'T.
On a side note, the staff were very kind and helpful

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chux89
Karim A, Owner at EcoVillage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Sir . Thank you for taking your time write a review about ecovillage . I see you stated that we are over priced . Good quality food grown localy costs more than mass production .We do our best to provide our costomers the best quality product. Our Buffet is always full of choices and we care that you find your choice . As of the road to ecovillage well that road was there when we arrived . The tree houses are constructed in a total ecologic manner and remember that safety must come first . I appologise for the non helpful manager he cant change the prices but im glad that you found the rest of the team helpful .

Reviewed 14 October 2012

We spent two relaxing days far away from the Beirut-chaos. You can hike through bushes, swim in the river, take Yoga-classes or just be there and enjoy the excellent organic and mostly vegetarian food and the quietness.
Be ready to follow the camp-schedule or you will miss the tasty buffet, as we missed breakfast.
If you can't handle a dry toilet and are more the luxus and service type of person, Mir Amin Palace would be the better choice :-)

Room Tip: Take a Treehouse if you like the heights otherwise stay on ground in a Mudhut. You will be provided...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dani58000
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I came to Eco Village with a group of six friends and we stayed in a cabin next to the river. We had an amazing time. The village is pristine - we didn't hear a single car or even any music. You are totally alone in nature. The river is clean and beautiful and the organic food is delicious. I'm going back next week with my family when they come to visit me! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you're in a big group, ask for the cabin because then you can all sleep in the same room.
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I've been in Lebanon for over a year now and it's only in the past week that I've managed to make it to the Chouf. I'd heard of Eco Village and longed to come. When I finally made it I couldn't believe my luck - I new instantly that I wouldn't want to leave. We booked ourselves a 'tree house' which was incredibly cute, clean and obviously eco-friendly. The food we ate was delicious, all grown on the grounds. There are a couple of scary looking dogs but they are actually big babies who love attention. For me one of the real pluses was hearing nothing at night but the sound of nature.

I recommend this to anyone who wants peace, quiet, good food and doesn't mind walking around at night with a torch, plus if you're on a budget it's not bad at all!

Thank you Eco Village for a lovely night.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a tree house if you can.
1  Thank Lucy L
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Beautiful site close to a river with a spectacular view overlooking the forest. Really great to get out of the humidity and pollution of Beirut and feel some fresh cool air and to feel at one with nature. The perfect get away with a fun group of friends, as long as you enjoy the outdoors and roughing it up (a little bit - it's comfortable but rustic). The structure of our treehouse was really amazing, with our own private campfire in the middle and a deck at the top so we felt like we had our own chill-out areas, which was perfect for just spending quality time together. Walking down to the river was really fun and there are some great hikes around the area - it was great to spend some time in a river instead of the usual sea in Lebanon. The food was delicious and organically grown close to the ecolodge, delicious lemonade too! Make sure to call and get a ride down to the site if you have a saloon car as the road is very bumpy to go down there and could mess up the bottom of your car, although the owner mentioned that the road should soon be renovated. The only thing I was a little upset about was that 40 USD is overpriced and then on top of that paying 15 USD for dinner was a little ridiculous - I think that if it was 40 USD full board that could be more realistic. Also if pillows make a difference to your sleep then take your own as the pillows are like rocks!

Room Tip: If you're in a group choose the first treehouse furthest away from the communal areas as it'...
2  Thank Jasmine A
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The Eco Village is pretty amazing. The treehouses, which are solidly built and boast spectacular views, are each works of rusticly engineered genius. Much of the food on offer is produced in the tiny organic farm on site, and I am not the kind of person to obsess about organic produce, but I concede that all of the ingredients here - prepared lovingly by the talented but unassuming resident chef - were outstandingly delicious. The scenery is very beautiful, and features spots where you can splash about in the river (although you'd be hard pressed to do any actual swimming) or go for long walks in splendid isolation. And the owners of the site are lucky enough to have some really awesome and friendly dogs.
The only negative point for me was the drone of the generator. The site uses hydroelectric power - another impressive feat of engineering - but naturally the water keeps flowing and the generator keeps purring all night. It is true that I am unusually sensitive to such noises (my partner had no such problem with the background hum), and it is also true that we could probably have asked to move treehouses (we didn't think it was worth bothering). But if it sounds like the kind of thing that would perturb you too it is probably worth packing some ear plugs.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Eco Village is brilliant for the right kind of person, who doesn't mind roughing it a little bit and isn't put off by the slightly hipppy-dippy atmosphere - happily, I'm one of those people, so I loved it. I wouldn't recommend it for young children (I would be terrified that they would be about to fall off a ladder or a cliff!) but it's a fantastically beautiful place to enjoy the simple life. The food is somewhat basic but delicious, and the - home-grown, like much of the produce - cucumbers were by far the best I have ever tasted. The staff are friendly, happy to talk about what they're trying to achieve with the place if you ask but not pushy or proselytising. The river is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon, splashing about and lying in the sun; there's great walking/hiking in the hills around; and all over the site there are places to hang around and chat. The treehouses are rustic but charming, particularly if you like the romance of sleeping under a mosquito net. Basically, don't go if you wouldn't be able to cope with eco toilets or are easily bored. But if you've got a group of people together who want to go somewhere beautiful and low-key to spend time together without any worries, it would be perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beiteddine
Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Bauhaus
Bauhaus
#1 of 2 in Bcharre
InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa

Been to EcoVillage? Share your experiences!