“"Bad management"”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beiteddine
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
“"Bad management"”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Living social announced the "Mir Amin palace hotel" Deal. I immediately contacted the hotel, before even buying it from "living social", and reserved 3 rooms for me and my friends.
Mr. Emanuel Jaber confirmed my reservation after PRECISING that the "living social" vouchers will take time to be at my disposal, since i payed in cash, not by credit card. He reassured me that it didn't matter and my reservation on May 12 will not be modified or reconsidered (as we couldn't make it on another date).
3 days later, i got my vouchers and contacted the hotel in order to send them by mail for confirmation.
And there was my SURPRISE when Mr. Ali Jaber denied me having a reservation whatsoever. I then tried to change my reservation for the next weekend, he said the hotel was FULL during the entire month of May.
He then assured me that the manager will contact me the next day.
The next day, after i contacted the hotel and left 3 messages, the manager, Mr. Geryes called me and said they never reserve without vouchers. So basically, it was their mistake to bein with. And, AGAIN, told me to wait and he'll contact me in a few.
Mr. Ayman contacted me after few hours and comforted me by saying that EXCEPTIONALLY he can give me three rooms on the 2nd of June BUT I'll have to confirm our availability the same night.
After negotiating with my friends, we decided to cancel the whole thing.
when i called them to cancel, Mr. Emmanuel Jaber "begged" me to wait before doing so and "assured me" the manager will contact me tomorrow morning.
Although i told him not to be late in order to know how to deal with the "living social" team, they did NOT call me the next day.
I then called them, "after waiting till 1 pm", Mr. Ayman answered.
and what a GRACIOUS and POLITE man Mr. Ayman is.
After telling him I've been waiting for your answer but finally gave up and called you personally, he replied, literally:
"If you are that concerned, why did you wait till 1 pm to call us back?" !!!!!
but that was NOT all what he said, he then continued with:
"I am sure that the "living social team" will not refund your money" !!!!!
Me being speechless, i congratulated him for his professional customer service and hanged up.

Last but not least, Thank you Mir Amin Palace Hotel for your accommodation and great service.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GhinaDaou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
beirut
Reviewed 26 March 2012

we had a great experience in Mir amin Palace.The service was very good, the room was spacious and clean. the food was great and the view and the clam you get was out of this world. if you want to have a relaxing and lovely time out of the city this is the place where you have to be

Room Tip: try to get rooms that has a view to Beit el dine
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Beira, Mozambique
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The Mir Amin Palace is one of the most beautiful Authentic hotels we have visited in Lebanon : Friendly & Helpful staff delivering a convivial service, Great Tasty Food prepared by Chef Walid with an extremely personalized presentation, Amazing Dinner Ambiance in the Winter Cave, Beautiful view from the courtyard and terraces overlooking the Shouf Mountains and the Beiteddine Palace.
A place not to be missed, to be visited and revisited :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Because I wanted to surprise my husband, I wanted to book a weekend away in this beautiful hotel. Arriving on Saturday and leaving again on Sunday. To prepare I drove up to the palace and arranged the booking more then three weeks in advance. This is August and we were very much looking forward to taking a rest at the pool, enjoy the food and the surroundings.
Two days before our arrival date however, I received a phone call to inform me, that on Saturday a wedding was taking place and the pool would be closed as of 16.00 hrs. Taking into account that you can check in as of 15.00 'o clock, we would be able to enjoy the pool may be half an hour, with checking in etc.
I asked the caller, if you book well in advance, guests always run the risk of being evicted from the pool in case of a wedding, even if the wedding was booked later. This was confirmed to me. So naturally, I cancelled.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank NoorLeb
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Mir Amin Palace is a beautiful place to stay with beautiful views (Beiteddine, Deir al Qamar) from its courtyards and terraces. Well worth it. The room was comfortable, but a regular 4 star hotel room, not as palace-like as the courtyards etc.
We stayed her for one night at the beginning of May . We may have been the only guests, at any rate we were the only people having dinner in the large dining hall that night. The manager told us the hotel had just opened for the season and therefore things were very quiet. I suppose it will be livelier later in the season (especially during the festival), and the pool will be filled too by then (first week of June they said) (it was a bummer the pool was empty, after a long drive on a hot day).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We staid at Mir Amin Palace 3 nights and the views from the hotel and the building itself are amazing. Rooms are huge and make you feel like a but the bathrooms are clearly outdated and the quality of the beds is average.
Getting a drink on the terrace is a MUST but the rooms are average.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bertouille
st julians
Reviewed 11 December 2010

we arrived at this wonderful converted palace after a few days in bustling Beirut. the Mir Amin is a must if you want to just unwind and relax. The hotel closes for the winter and was coming the the end of its season so we really appreciated the fact that there was hardly anyone in the hotel. The views are breathtaking, the staff always at hand to please. A well kept secret of a hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank alba14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beiteddine
Pineland Hotel and Health Resort
Cherry Blossom Boutique Hotel
Al Bustan Hotel & Spa
Al Bustan Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Beit Mery
Golden Tulip Jiyeh Marina & Resort
Warwick Pangea Beach Resort & Spa
Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa

Been to Mir Amin Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!